Red Sea Reef colors to raise Potassium

greg683x

So ive had problems with the colors of my sps corals being very faded. Namely my pink birdsnest and my red planet corals, and to a lesser extent my Hawkins. All three corals are growing nicely, but their colors have no pop at all. The red planet and the birdsnest in particular, are a faded white with a pinkish/red hue.

After reading about the effects of low potassium, I got a test kit and my Potassium levels were at 310, with NSW being around 400. I bought the red seas reef colors pack with the intention of only using the B (potassium) portion.

After reading the dosing directions it appears youre only directed to dose based on current consumption in the tank relative to Calcium. At the moment I'm interested in bringing my Potassium level up to that 400 range which it doesnt appear that theres a procedure for.

Id like a forumla or calculation for an amount of solution to add to bring up your Potassium level up as much as you safely can in a 24 hour period.

Hi, I have the same problem. The dosage instructions in the bottle are a lot confusing

Anybody with experience?

Is there any information on the label about the product concentration? I haven't used that product or seen the bottle up close.

problem is that red sea is forcing us little bit to use their two part :D

I dosed 2ml per day in 40g tank to raise pottasium from 370 to 400. after a week or so job was done and now Im dosing ABCD 2ml per week when im doing WC.
I dont supplement calcium either so after 2 doses I tested K again then again and again and again and well again until it was 400 :D

im a zeo reefer, i use hw marinemix salt and skim heavily. i test potassium . approx monthly. needle wheel skimmers remove potassium. i would do water changes first to get in balance, for me i use kz automatic elements (i think its pif) they are 1 inch squares in a time release gel tab and drop them in my sump. follow directions its a snap. they keep my levels right around 415 for 3 to 4 months. my problem coral before using this method was purple bonsai, couldnt keep it at all. since using the tabs i can grow them out and give it away. just remember to do your water changes first to get your potassium back in shape. good luck, zsu

Back