Reef keeper elite question

Mtwreef

Hello all new to the board have been doing a lot of reading as I'm getting ready to build my new setup a 120 my question is I'm thinking about the reef keeper elite I want to run my ATO with it but my water mixing room is about 50 ft away I also want to have auto water changes will this controller do it and how do you controll the pumps in the room if the controller is under the tank thanks for the time I plan on keeping track of the build and posting on here as I go

Nobody knows about the reef keeper I just would like to make sure I can controll the pumps from that remote location any help please

i have mine running from about 30ft across my basement with my reefkeeper lite via extension cords. you should be fine

Ok thanks for the input but My Dt is in
My living room with mixing station in garage is there a way to do it without extension cords I'm going up the wall and over and dropping though into mixing room and don't want to run cords up and over not sure if it would be safe/fire hazard can I control a expansion socket Or a pc4 with low voltage like cat6???? The bus cables don't look to be anything more than low voltage cables so I don't see why they couldn't be Made to a custom length sorry for the questions but will save me a bunch before I buy anything going though a huge planning stage and also I installed two 20 amp circuits one for tank and one in mixing room so doing it this way it won't all be trying to run off one circuit thank you

Ok thanks for the input but My Dt is in
My living room with mixing station in garage is there a way to do it without extension cords I'm going up the wall and over and dropping though into mixing room and don't want to run cords up and over not sure if it would be safe/fire hazard can I control a expansion socket Or a pc4 with low voltage like cat6???? The bus cables don't look to be anything more than low voltage cables so I don't see why they couldn't be Made to a custom length sorry for the questions but will save me a bunch before I buy anything going though a huge planning stage and also I installed two 20 amp circuits one for tank and one in mixing room so doing it this way it won't all be trying to run off one circuit thank you

I believe you can run any module up to 100ft away

Have you looked at apex or reef angel? I ask because if you go and read through the DA support forums, you'll find a number of really frustrated people asking when the next software update is coming (it's been well over a year), and when they're going to fix the SL2 (they had a debocle with the saltwater probe that they still haven't addressed)... DA has really dropped the ball recently, there's a lot of unhappy customers. I'm not bashing them for the sake of bashing them, but it is the unfortunate truth to the situation.

Overall i'm mostly happy with my RKE. I have a bus wire going ~25 feet from my display back to my fish closet, and i get a pile of bus errors about once a week. Most of the time it's stable, but sometimes when the MH lights turn on the alarms go off... I put choke's on my MH ballasts (which is the usual solution for this according to their forums), and separated everything i can as far as i can, but it's still occasionally giving me problems. They claim this is supported, but the bus cables are unshielded as best i can tell, they're just 6 wire phone wires (wired specially, don't use off the shelf cables), and their bus system seems very susceptible to interference.

just my .02

Absolutely, you won't have any issues.. You would likely be fine with the Reef Keeper Lite as well - but I say go big or go home :beer:

I have run bus cables for well over 100' with no issues. That being said, DA recommends keeping them to 100' because that is how the system was tested.

I see that on the DA support forums. I have had excellent customer service. I called customer service 5 times and 4 times I got Dan, issues solved immediately. I got one of my PC4's wet, one of the channels went out. I sent it back to DA, they said it wasn't covered under the warranty but they sent me a new one at no charge. I have my SID plugged into a 25ft USB cord that goes in the basement and comes up to my computer. One thing I found out is if you have My reef 2.0 running in the background on the computer and the power goes out, even for a short time the whole system goes a little wacky. So now if I'm not using it I close the program.

Back