Reef LED

telamont

Can i setup with ReefLED 6 LED setup for a 10 gallon ? I figured I could start small and learn about LED's by building one for my nano tank. Any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks.

Can i setup with ReefLED 6 LED setup for a 10 gallon ? I figured I could start small and learn about LED's by building one for my nano tank. Any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks.

Do you mean RapidLED? I'm sure that would be enough for a 10 but you should email them directly just to make sure.

That would be good enough for now, do it in a strip so you can add more latter. Rapidled has a nice 8 LED bio cube kit that you can build for about $85 minus 10% club discount and free shipping if you show up to our next meeting.

Depends on which LEDs and how you're going to drive them. You could definitely get away with it depending on what you want to keep.

It's as though noone has heard of nor uses ReefLeds. I thought they have a good website answer the phone when called and found they are a sponsor of this site. Yet it is difficult to find any reviews of there products and or comparisons...Why?

It's as though noone has heard of nor uses ReefLeds. I thought they have a good website answer the phone when called and found they are a sponsor of this site. Yet it is difficult to find any reviews of there products and or comparisons...Why?

Sounds like you are a "promoter". As for why RapidLED, they have helped sponsor a tutorial session and drove over an hour to give us all information about LED builds.

FYI, just got an email from RapidLED for their Black Friday discount. Check the BlackFriday thread on SF forum where I was asking others for info on other deals this week.

Not promoting. I am have been researching Led for more than a year now. I always seem to conclude I should build my own liked what I was reading on Reef Leds sight. However I see rapid referred to countless times. It is making mr second guess my decision. I like to invest in the latest, highest quality products...which often leaves me the only guy on the block with something different. Seams it would be counterproductive to join a community of people helping one another if one is not going to follow the advice. I posted the question during a search for opinions on the ReefLed product usage. By the way where was the LED seminar? (my wife has actually suggested I take a class as my interest in LED's is much broader than just for reefing.) Are there local events I should be aware of? I will be checking your link.. Thank you for that.

The rapid guys gave a great presentation and diy demo at our club meeting and were even generous enough to put the two complete systems into our raffle. That includer the drivers and everything. Great guys.

Yup I won the 18" LED bar. I just ordered a hanger kit for it, should be here in a few days. I would think 6 leds over 10 gallon would be sufficient. The have retrofit kits on their site for nanocubes that might work well for you. I'll post pics once it up. I was pretty shocked at how much light they put out.

Back