reef pack 500

reefing in FtC

Roger,

I am looking for info on the Reef Pack 500. I was looking to add your top-off unit and possibly upgrade my skimmer. From what I understand, it would be better to add the Reef Pack 500. What exactly is in the kit and where can I get one. I didn't see anything on the Tunze website.

My current system is a sumpless 50g tank. I will upgrade to a 75 or 90 this year and would like to get equipment that will work on the upgaded tank as well.

Also, can you verify that system can dose kalk?

Thank you

I will take pictures of the one I have running in the next couple days. It is complete 3130/2 skimmer, 3166 Mechanical Filter with 6 Carts included, Osmolator and 1600/2 circulation pump- suitable for up to 125gals. I have been very pleased with mine. To dose Kalk you will just need to add the 5074 Calcium Dispenser.

Thanks for the replys. The info is very helpful, but as usual it leads me to more questions. I was originally under the impression that this was a h.o.t. unit. After review it looks like an in tank set up. If so, will the unit work on an acrylic tank with a 2" lip around the top and a cut out about 2.5" by 18".

Thanks

It will not work on acrylic- yes it is hang in tank but takes up roughly the same room as a built in overflow box.

Running my Reef Pack 500 on 60+ gallons and will be buying another Monday for another 60 gallon tank.

IMO, it is the best bang for the buck package out there for 125gal and below. Quiet, small, and very effective.

reefing in FtC, You could probably figure out how to hang it but the skimmer cup would be an issue with your current tank. The RP500 definitely meets your next tanks requirements.

By the way does FtC = Fort Carson?

Good luck.

Thanks again for the replys. I think that I will go ahead and order one of these in preparation for the new tank. I'll run this with my closed loop and I should be good to go. I like to keep things simple and do what I can to reduce the possibility of flooding.

traveller7
Good guess. Same state, but I'm actually a little north of Fort Carson in in Fort Collins.

Now you did read- WILL NOT WORK ON ACRYLIC- I hope. The unit simply will not attach properly on a perimeter brace and cannot function.

I did catch that it would not work on acrylic. After rereading my previous post, I guess it wasn't too clear. I will be ordering the rp500 in preparation for the new tank. I won't order the new tank (it's glass) until after the remodeling is done on my house.

Thanks again and "good looking out" for your customers.

traveller7 said:
Running my Reef Pack 500 on 60+ gallons and will be buying another Monday for another 60 gallon tank.

IMO, it is the best bang for the buck package out there for 125gal and below. Quiet, small, and very effective.

Roger, You should see the order today for the Reef Pack from Marine Depot(no rush) and as a side note, Marine Depot told me my Stream Kit is in as well. I see a fun weekend in the future :) Scott

Back