reefkeeping.com add - what fish is that?

Speaking as a serious amateur photographor, both below and above the water, it is impossible for the coloration to be altered like that from exposure control. Any changes in exposure settings would only change the lightness or darkness of an image, not the coloration. While filters or colored lights could effect the coloration of an image, these would be applied across the entire image, not just the edges of a subject.

Lenard, you really need to get out into the world more if you don't think it possible that the fish really looked like that. Between the many fish I've seen imported, and many I've seen in the wild, I've learned one thing. Just when you think you've seen it all, mother nature throws a new twist at you that you ;)

Yeah sure, I always enjoy UW shots. Got any other pics from same anemone and fish? I'm sure if an anemone and fish that spectacular was on one of my dives I'd make sure I'd take a couple of it just to make sure I get a good one.

ON a side note. Sometimes halogen/tungsten does funky things to film but since this is not a film camera that problem is out the door.

After Leonard played with the colors it looks even more like the little skunk I posted about earlier. I think skunks are from that area too, so thats probably what it is.

Hi Bill:

I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a serious amateur, but I'e taken more than a few thousand shots underwater over the past twenty years, so once in a while I get a few good ones. I shoot Nikonos and digital underwater.

As for the clown and anemone, no Ididn;t take any more than one...for two reasons:

First, that as I said I didn't know there was anything unusual about this clownfish....it looked like just another skunk clown and another anemone. Seen and taken pictues of more than I can count. Second, a sea krait showed up right then, and I spent the next twenty shots trying to get a good photo but the current was strong, he wouldn;t stay still and kept poking his head into the reef, and I never got a single good shot of it.

so, enjoy the following

Nice pics.. your response on not seeing the clown when you were diving leads me to believe the camera messed up because that is one funky clown and even when you've been in the hobby for a while you still would remeber that clown. Heck I remeber a spot off Naigani Island, Fiji that had more tomato clowns in a couple square meters than i've ever seen.

I remeber once I acidentally took a double picture that came out really cool.. I didn't mean for it to work that way but it was damn good when it came out.

Keep them pics coming!!!

Back