Reeflow Dart HELP! question

Shawnts106

Ok, Im getting a Reeflow Dart and Need help plumbing it, what parts am I going to need for the pump for a CL

I will have it attached to a OM 4 way so there will be four returns on this pump

please help with this problem!

thanks

Need more info. Do you have a drilled tank or are you going over the top? I used 1 1/2" spa tubing on mine.

ya easiest way to do it is draw a diagram and go to home dept and sit on the floor and cut and paste and have some fun. I have never had anyone stop me. (look at me crazy but not stop me) This way also stops 12 trips back and forth.

you'll need a ballvalve/true union on each end of the pump.
you'll need to reduce to 1,1/2'' at the pump input unless you drill for 2'' bulkheads and piping [overkill IMO]
you'll need 1'' unions on the OM outputs.
lots of elbows and flex pvc and pvc cement.

I would do 2 @ 1.5" intakes or 1 @ 2" intake since the intake for the Dart is 2" and you don't want to restrict it. Once the pump is restricted at all your flow drops dramatically.

I would also do 1.5" outputs to the tank that way you again are not restricting the pump at all.

Only reason I say this is because the Dart is not made for high head application, if your going to be restricting stuff get the Barracuda or Hammerhead. =)

ok, OM must be down right now...

OK, check this out..

the CL pump is going to be a Reeflow Dart,
I am going to have the INTAKE (2inch) pumbed so that its takeing water from the tank, not the sump, its simply going to be running PVC from the INTAKE up the back of the tank and over the side into the tank with a 2inch strainer on the end...

then for the OUTAKE or return... thats what Im thinking...

ok, so how do I connect the PVC to the reeflow dart???
thats what I really need help with I suppose...

and how do I connect the PVC comming from the dart to the OM inlets??? these are the MAIN two questions...

please help so confused!

how bout a pic of one way to do it.

60772125_CL_back.jpg

This has a 2" Over-the-back intake tube, & 1-1/2 back up to the main manifold. Manifold has 6 locline nozzles. Works well.

Be sure to put unions right at the pump, and valves immediately after that ( both intake & output ). Just imagine when you go to turn this thing off & remove the pump. I even have Tubs under each of my pumps for the 'runoff'.

Stu

Thats exactly what I needed, I will not however do the exact same plumbing... Im just not going to put the ball valves on it, just straight PVC in and out... not valves to worry about...

what is that main part at the top of the tank? on the INTAKE PVC... just at the top?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6353482#post6353482 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Lights Are Bright
I would put ball valves on it. What if you need to take your pump out? W/o ball valves, you would have to drain your tank.
Exactly! You need the ball valves and unions to isolate the pump for service...

W/o ball valves, you would have to drain your tank.

no I wouldnt... have to drain my tank...

I suppose I will put one Ball value or two on there... just in case I have to get a new pump, or something gets hung in it or something of that nature...

2 ball valves at a minimum as well as 2 unions.

Easiest way to plumb this setup? the OM Plumb and Play, pump,plumbing, and the Ocean's Motion's all ready to be installed.

Like all things saltwater they don't last forever. Your pump will have to be cleaned everntually. I had the bearing go out on mine and MDM Inc. (builds darts) sent me a loaner while they repaired it. Great to work with.

STUGRAY - Looks Great!

I'm looking to do exactly what you are showing. Do you have a pic or, can you go into a little more detail on the 'over the top' intake design? Did you just drill out the piece that sets in the tank? Any problem with critters getting caught in it?

Also, if you were to do it again, would you modify you desgin at all.

Back