Refugiums

Nice to see the cheato taking off for you Vorog sump looks good

Thank man! I don't have everything in the tank set up the way I want. Because I still have to take down my other tank and move things over. So the wires are a mess now. But it's coming along nicely.

Just to show a before and after the first pic was three weeks ago. The second pic was yesterday using grow light for the three weeks. (Pics are taken with my stand lights on to show color and growth)

286721f5c6f1ce954b14846c987fedbe.jpg

40b808e63b1f265acb7489550aa0856a.jpg

-Robert

How long are you running the grow light for? Mine came in yesterday and I'm setting up the fuge now.

How long are you running the grow light for? Mine came in yesterday and I'm setting up the fuge now.

I run mine on a reverse light cycle. (My tank doesn't have the lights I will be running on it, I need to find a 48" light or two hydra 26 HD's) I have temp lights for now. But I run the grow light from 7pm-10am which is close enough to the black out of the tank.

Yep, Nyos 120. I love the small foot print and performance wise it's a beast. Super quite as well and the adjustments are really easy to dial in.

If youre thinking about one, I'd say pull the trigger.

Yep, Nyos 120. I love the small foot print and performance wise it's a beast. Super quite as well and the adjustments are really easy to dial in.

If youre thinking about one, I'd say pull the trigger.

I definitely have a small footprint and it would fit. I've been thinking about getting one. I was looking at reviews over the past couple months. I'm in need of more skimming power. I'm probably gonna pull the trigger next week. lol

Saw this chaeto sandwich idea on another site and gave it a try ... very simple to make DIY and is great for those without a fuge zone.

Grows through the eggcrate and once it gets a good thick 2-3" ill flip it and let the other side grow and then take it out and trim it to about 1/2" left and put it back in. I haven't seen 1 loose piece of chaeto floating either.

The cheato sandwich will love it right there plenty of flow ,oxygenated water,and good light.

I dont understand why you would want to have a light to encourage growth. I made a DIY LED light for mine and the lighting is minimal. I wanted the chaeto to export nutrients from the water column to grow. The chaeto grew like crazy when I first set it up but now I've had the same softball size ball for about a year. I run a ULNS so the chaeto doesnt grow anymore. Now the fuge is solely used to harbor pods. Also the flow through a sump is way to fast for chaeto to export nutrients efficiently. Mine is separate from my sump and is fed by a reactor output so less than 100gph. My take on a fuge is your nutrients are too high if the chaetos growing.

Back