Removing scratches in acrylic is easy

My neighbor said, Your gonna be hurting reaching in there all day long!" . I said, "Reaching? I'll be laying in the damn thing doing it!".

Those scratches look pretty deep. Good luck...hope you work out a lot. You may consider doing this "wet"...with water inside the tank. Spraying down every few seconds is a PITA. Even with palm sanders, my arms get very tired doing it dry (on the outside)

Well I figure if I wait a few months it will be in the 90's to 110's here. It gets pretty hot in the summer here. So I figure for the interior I will lay it on it's back so it has an opening to let water out at the bottom <the hole in the top for the overflows> this will allow me to more or less put a sprinkler inside it with me so I have a constant flow of water over the area I am working. Of course that would be fore the hand work, for the orbit sander I will have to do it dry, mine is electric.

For the outside I think it will be pretty easily handled in the same way. As for "Hoping I work out a lot". No I am actually getting fat and lazy, so this is going to be a whole lotta work for me. And on top of it, I am pretty much never happy with my own work, so most likely, it will take me all summer to do this, before I finally get fed up and try to convince myself it's good enough.....

Yup, I got it all figured out! :D

Basically, they drew 1' by 1' squares with grease pens. Big/deep scratches were started by hand at a very low grit (around 400 to 600 I think).

So do they do all the squares that have deep scratches all at once, then move to the next grit? Or do they do an entire 1x1 square down to perfection then go to the next?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9245384#post9245384 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jedininja
I've ordered a kit form him and should get it soon. I'll post a review when I'm done.

Do a shot of before and after shot along with the kit. I'd be interested on the result.

Back