Repainting a steel aquarium stand?

Cammunoz

I just picked up a 150g shallow reef with a steel black stand . It connects through steel bolts and nuts. It has some rust spots. I am wondering how I would go about repainting it? also the screw are a little rusted should i replace them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just picked up a 150g shallow reef with a steel black stand . It connects through steel bolts and nuts. It has some rust spots. I am wondering how I would go about repainting it? also the screw are a little rusted should i replace them?

I would get it all powered coated.
I painted mine with rustolium and it rusted within a year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Buff off the rust an replace bolts with Stainless bolts. You can prep an coat with herculiner bed liner. Cheaper then powdercoating. I have made three stands and no rust issues. The oldest stand has been in use for 12 years.

Buff off the rust an replace bolts with Stainless bolts. You can prep an coat with herculiner bed liner. Cheaper then powdercoating. I have made three stands and no rust issues. The oldest stand has been in use for 12 years.

Wow ill have to look that up sounds awesome! thanks

Repainting a steel aquarium stand?

Is this what you mean? also do i have to remove the old paint?
81bb8177429a4ae8d02891886d63f771.png

I never even thought of that.
Great idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yeah that is the stuff. Just clean stand down to bare metal. Make sure no rust or oil and coat. It might take 2 coats to get uniform coverage. Works great.

Back