Replacement O-Ring for SRO CR5000 too small?

I posted this in the newbie forum, didn't receive any posts. Hoping this forum might have some insight.

So, I have a reef octopus calcium reactor (I think CR-5000 https://www.coralvue.com/reef-octopu...alcium-reactor)and I was going to grease up the o-rings on it. I took the lid off, and when I tried to put it back on the O-ring was larger than it used to be apparently, by about 1/2 inch. I was so perplexed, I tried everything to get it back on, but no success. I even tried boiling it so it would shrink back.

Ultimately, I went to CoravlVue and tried to by another O-ring.
https://www.coralvue.com/sro-calcium-reactor-lid-oring
But when it came in today, the O-Ring was too small; and I had to stretch it for it to even fit in the groove. And of course, since I was stretching it; it just kept popping off as soon as I took my hand off of it.

I honestly have no clue what to do, I'm not 100% sure the model of this calcium reactor, but I do know that it has a 9inch body, and the diameter of the o-ring groove is about 6 inches.
I don't believe I have the CR7000, but I have no clue what it looks like or the specs, because google is not turning up anything.

Any help would be so much appreciated. Thank you

Can you post a picture of your calcium reactor as well as a shot of the pump and any identifying stickers on it? Perhaps someone here will be able to identify the specific model for you. But without pictures, that will be tough.

Thank you guys so much! I first raised a support ticket, and the link on the site references an O-Ring for both the 3000 and 5000 model. I updated my support ticket that the O-ring that came in was too small, and it should be closer to 6 inches. The support analyst responded today with the 3000 and 5000 model are actually different, and she sent out the replacement O-rings today! I'll update if this is the proper O-ring as soon as they come in.

I know this is probably a very rare problem, but I hope this helps anyone facing the same issue. Coralvue support is some of the best I've ever encountered.

Back