Rising from the Abyss

ct_vol

Reefing On My Mind
Team RC
Been extremely absent from the forum for the past few months. Work has been crazy busy. On a good note, I did finish either 1 or 2 in my Division, and top 10 in the entire company. :) Not too shabby for the middle of nowhere IL. ;)

Trying to decompress now and remember what it is like to spend time with the family and upon myself. Couldn't think of a better way than getting back into reefing. The tanks did not suffer this time, but they aren't exactly thriving either. Stupid Mg doesn't want to come up for me... Will keep working on it though. :D

Welcome back!

Speaking of middle of nowhere IL....I am from Peoria.....smack dab in the middle. Lol.

Hah! I go to Peoria about once a week. I have a lot of clients that work at CAT. At least Peoria has a ChickFilA and a Costco. The town I live outside of has a population of 232. :)

Kempton

If you make a triangle between, Champaign, Bloomington, and Chicago, I'm smack dab in the middle of that triangle. About 15min east of Pontiac.

FWIW, I'd rather still be in Knoxville, but I love my wife more than TN and her family is up here.

What moved you down there?

We were just sick and tired of IL and the crappy winters.

We love the outdoors and the mountains. We are avid campers and camp nonstop in our 32 foot RV. So when we set out to move, we looked for the perfect combination of jobs, weather, recreation, and cost of living.

After interviewing in Colorado, NC, and TN....we decided Knoxville was where we were going to hang our hat. Been here since 2007 and have not regretted it one bit.

All of our family remains in IL, so we get back somewhat regularly. I'm coming back Memorial Day weekend for my brother's wedding.

Initially, my wife and I had many reservations about leaving both our families to come down here. So I can understand your wife wanting to be around family.

This year was a doozy of a winter... Yesterday and today were in the 60's and we still have snow in the ditches.

I still have my house in Oak Ridge. I need to get down there and check in on it. Haven't been back to TN since Jan 2013. Also have some clients down there I need to check in on.

I'm the best man in a wedding Memorial Day Weekend. :)

Tested my water and I'm still at 1200 ppm Mg. Dumped another 2 cups of MgCl diluted in 1g of RO/DI. We'll see... :(

Been extremely absent from the forum for the past few months. Work has been crazy busy. On a good note, I did finish either 1 or 2 in my Division, and top 10 in the entire company. :) Not too shabby for the middle of nowhere IL. ;)

Trying to decompress now and remember what it is like to spend time with the family and upon myself. Couldn't think of a better way than getting back into reefing. The tanks did not suffer this time, but they aren't exactly thriving either. Stupid Mg doesn't want to come up for me... Will keep working on it though. :D

Congrats my friend! Don't forget to get some rest ;)

I'm using what's left of my BRS, but I'll be switching over to my bulk buy thereafter.

Mg back up to 1440! Boom! Amazing what happens when you start testing and paying attention to things. :)

Man, I need to test and pay attention to things. Bigtime.

Fo Sho!

Did a water change and my numbers are rock solid!

Completely overhauled the 75g today. Looking forward to seeing how it looks tomorrow.

Bad news is, I ordered from LA and the shipment was delayed by weather. Lost a Hooded Fairy and some Anthias... Boo...

I am not ordering anything until I get back from Brazil. I will care a lot more once I get back from the trip.

Well, I'm not ordering anything except an impeller for my skimmer. That's going to help with the maintenance while I'm gone!

Back