RO/DI - not sure what to think/do

seuadr

All,

I've got a mighty mite 50GPD RO/DI system. I purchased new stuff for it, but purchased the actual unit used.

I got the air,water ice "max" replacement pack - plus the RO membrane new. http://theh2oguru.com/filters/filter-packages/max-pack-replacement-filters-w-di.html

i rinsed the filters individually by running 5 gallons each of supply water through them, and then bypassed the RO membrane for 5 gallons and finally ran the entire system 5 gallons before using the water.

now i am seeing some weird readings (or mebby not weird?)

:edit: forgot to add - i am using a HM digital TDS 3 - brand new from intank

heres what i've got:

input tap water: 149 TDS

after first filter (5 micron sediment): 380 TDS

after the second filter (carbon): 420 TDS

after the RO: 65 TDS

after the DI: 360 TDS

so - i removed all the other filters and ran just the RO/DI figuring that the other filters were not rinsed properly, or crap or whatever and with just the RO/DI i'm seeing 105, with just the RO 35 (after flushing for a gallon)

i'm not sure what is going on here - I've got the system piped like this(with a couple extra filters):

img_1001.jpg

it doesn't show a flow path for the RO - might i have it backwards and the output should be from the cap end? (doesn't seem like it..)

Thanks for your time,

Jared

Looks like you have the waste line wrong.

RODiagramfloatvalve.jpg

thanks, that is how mine is plumbed - the waste line is on the "bottom" of the housing, the outlet to the DI right above it (like picture):

mighty-mite-ro-di-air-water-ice-3.jpg

at this point, i turned the waste valve back on (i've actually got a regular ball valve just before the drain because where the drain is freezes and i was afraid to leave the system to just run and freeze.. in retrospect, it seems like more of a hazard than it is helpful, so i've removed it and will just stick to the restriction and turning the supply off. :headwally:

Back