ro/di question

Mel-E-Mel

Is it ok to leave the water sitting in the chambers of the ro unit when not in use? i know it doesnt make sense to empty out each chamber when im done with it but just wondering. I dont have a dedicated water line that i can permanantly hook it up too so ill be hooking it up to my sink faucet when i need water so. Ill bee building a small mobile compartment for it so it can sit stable on my counter while i filter.

I leave the water in mine... I'm not sure how it will affect the filter itself though.. I always worry about bacteria growing inside of the canisters but haven't had an issue yet.. Tagging along for more info..

Thats what im worried about too. If the water gets stagnant sitting in the canister and if it will have an affect on the water quality.

Charles, are you talking about flushing the membranes when you install new filters or flushing the actuall housing itself? sorry, first time using a unit....usually go to lfs for water. :D

No, after I take out the old filters I first run the empty canisters with Water/bleach..... run it for a few minutes to clear the residual chlorine... then put new filters in... run again for a few minutes..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10494075#post10494075 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishnfst
I just run mine for a few minutes before I start collecting the water...

fishnfst, do you do this everytime you collect water or when you just installed new mwmbranes?

Back