RO startup timer?

Russ,

Why is Brass fittings not recommended? I think I found it in the potable water section of Home Depot.

I have the pressure switch and garden sprinkler valve behind the RO membrane. After water passes through this two items, it is T'ed off and either becomes RO water or passes through more filters to be RO/DI.

I'm not sure I understand. What runs through that brass - is it RO water? or water before it gets to the RO? Because you have a pressure switch on it, I assumed it was RO water.

Even with the use of an electronic flow valve, only electric power is cut to my booster pump when water rises high enough in my storage tank. It will not cut water supply. So when the level drops in the storage tank, water is made again.....but at a low pressure without boost. That is what the garden valve can provide. It will cut water from coming out; essentially cutting water supply going into the filter.

Still not clear on your set up. Sorry. Typically with a booster pump and pressure switch, a solenoid valve is used on the feedwater line to stop flow to the RO system when the electric circuit is killed by the pressure switch.

Russ

Back