Rock wall

jaylensdad06

My question is mainly for roger since he just did 1. Did u use a polyurethane foam to make it wall? If not what did u use that is fish/reef safe..I'm thinking about a foam wall then a thin coat of silicone then rub Figi pink sand onto it...what do u think or n e 1 for that matter that's done a rock wall.

Last edited:
My question is mainly for roger since he just did 1. Did u use a polyurethane foam to make it wall? If not what did u use that is fish/reef safe..I'm thinking about a foam wall then a thin coat of silicone then rub Figi pink sand onto it...what do u think or n e 1 for that matter that's done a rock wall.

If you do a Google search for "œ210 gallon in wall tank with rock wall and steel stand" you should find my post on Reefcentral. I started to do a build thread and it should List everything that I used. I've seen a few rock walls and I can say that mine probably is one of the most realistic looking rock walls but it probably cost the most and took the most work. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll find it and send it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used pond foam as the product and I used crushed coral on the foam.

That's what I thought...did u have to let the whole project soak in fresh water to get the nasties out..how long did u let the foam cure before adding g the crushed coral?

I had a friend piling on the crushed coral as I was spraying the foam.

I did not let it soak in anything but I planned a long cycle so I wasn’t worried. It’s a good idea to soak in RODI for a day or 2 I’m sure

Back