RODI question

jkobel

Hi everyone,

been out of the hobby for about 3 years and now getting back in with my kids. This is my first time having an RODI system at home (previously bought from the LFS = nightmare) and everything seems fine.

One thing that I have noticed is that making the RODI water is normal and it smells/tastes normal. I store it in a 32 gallon gray Rubbermaid barrel that has never been used for anything other then water and i Keep it in the basement with the lid on. When i go to get water to top off, there is a musty smell when i open the lid. seems strange, any ideas?

Should i be doing something to the water in there to keep it "fresh? I was expecting that nothing would grow in RODI (bacteria/mould) water so it wouldn't get stagnant.

any tips on how to properly store RODI water?

Thanks!

thanks for the tip! didn't realize that was going to make that big of a difference. does the lid need to be open? figured it should be closed to keep dust and other stuff out.

I don't use a powerhead on my RODI bin. It is a 55 gallon Brute, emptied with use and refilled once every 2 weeks. Unless your bin is contaminated, the "musty smell" may just be humidity. I keep mine covered to hold evaporation in and keep out dust.

Back