Roll Call: South Bay Reefers

MrSandman

Team RC
Seems like most of the reefers in this forum are either from the OC, the IE or the SGV. I hardly see anyone from the SB. When I say SB I mean, who actually has their tank located in the South Bay. I know there are a lot of you guys that drive through the area due to work, friends or family but I'm more interested in those that have tanks here. By South Bay I'm talking about those cities as far north as El Segundo and as far south as San Pedro and as far east as Lawndale or Hawthorne. Most of the South Bay reefers that I knew years back are now out of the hobby. How many are left?

Feel free to chime in and state where you are and some tank specs. Maybe you'll make a friend or two, and get a frag or more out of it. ;)

I'll start...... I'm in RPV. I have a roughly 112g 36"x36"x20" SPS dominated tank lit by T5's.

Anyone else?

I grew up in Torrance but moved up to Ventura. I know there are a bunch of reefers in Torrance/Carson area.

Hi there. I'm in Manhattan Beach. I have a 300 gal LED mixed reef and a 45 gal seahorse tank. I need to do a tank thread one of these days. Not sure how many there are of us in South Bay. Maybe we can extend the invitation to West Side Reefers to include Santa Monica, culver city, West LA, etc.

I'm in Culver City but South Bay is like my 2nd home. You can often find me walking on the Strand from MB to Hermosa or hiking the Palos Verdes Bluff Trail.

Torrance here.
50g 36"x18x18 salt water dominate tank lit by T5s.
Not much Coral but slowly dipping my toes in SPS. Hope they survive!!

Hi there. I'm in Manhattan Beach. I have a 300 gal LED mixed reef and a 45 gal seahorse tank. I need to do a tank thread one of these days. Not sure how many there are of us in South Bay. Maybe we can extend the invitation to West Side Reefers to include Santa Monica, culver city, West LA, etc.

Awesome. I was curious in particular about the South Bay because there aren't too many reefers in this area for some odd reason. We just might have to open it up to the Westsiders if the South Bayers can't represent.

I live in Hermosa Beach and have a 100 gallon Leemar rimless there (48x24x20 mostly LPS). I work in Culver City/West LA and I'm going to be setting up a 28 gallon there soon.

Hi,

My name is Rafael
I'm in Hawthorne, I have a Cadlights 100 gallon 48" X 24" X 20"
So far I only have soft corals

Hey guys-

I'm going to stretch that northern border a little and include myself in Playa Del Rey. Have a JBJ 24 LED that I had retrofitted with an XR15W in the hood. Recently ditched the hood in favor of the RMS mount. Looking to upgrade to an IM Fusion mini 40 in the near future.

I live in Hermosa Beach and have a 100 gallon Leemar rimless there (48x24x20 mostly LPS). I work in Culver City/West LA and I'm going to be setting up a 28 gallon there soon.

Hey. Weren't you at my tank shut down party in Torrance a few years back?

Hey guys-

I'm going to stretch that northern border a little and include myself in Playa Del Rey. Have a JBJ 24 LED that I had retrofitted with an XR15W in the hood. Recently ditched the hood in favor of the RMS mount. Looking to upgrade to an IM Fusion mini 40 in the near future.

Ever go to Del Rey Deli? Great sandwiches.

I'm in Culver city near Kenneth Hahn park. Does that count?

I have a 50 gallon rimless algae farm and a jbj 30 gallon rimless nem tank. Both slowly going downhill....

Ever go to Del Rey Deli? Great sandwiches.

Many times- can't live in PDR without trying "The Don". I've been living here since I went to LMU, circa 2002.

Did you ever go to the former place, Hogan's Heroes? They had a some wicked hot habanero chilis and soups. :mad2:

San Pedro here!

I actually know about a dozen reefers in Palos verdes, torrance and lomita. only a couple are on the forums. I know there are like 4 within a 1 mile radius of mike (solitude).

seems like I drive to your areas all the time for corals and equipment..

I am truly in the middle (Walnut).. not far from everyone, but never close :(

Back