Rough shippers advice

BlueMac92

If anyone here lives in the Midwest, you know of the great weather we've had lately.

I ordered a Scribble angel, yellow diamond goby, and received a free lawnmower Blenny from Bluezoo. I had a credit with them so I figured I'd use it. Not watching the forecast, I placed the order Sunday.

Fast forward to Tuesday, the expected delivery day. We got pounded with snow and the wind didn't help much either. Shipment was held up in Indy due to weather. After Bluezoo and I going back and forth with FedEx, they made it more and more clear that I would not be receiving the shipment until the following day. News none of us want to hear.

Following day(Wednesday) I go and pick up everything and bring it home. Open the box to find lawnmower Blenny dead, goby dead, and what appeared to be a dead Scribble. All in very cold water. I decided acclimate anyways. Obviously, for the first two, it did no good. But, to my surprise, the scribble started to come back to life as soon as she felt the warm water. Slowly but surely, she started moving more and more while in acclimation.

Once in the QT, she spent the rest of the night laying on her side breathing heavily. Only time she would sit upright is when I walked up. I sectioned off the tank to keep her and my fowleri separated, blacked it out, and hoped for the best. This morning she was still very stressed, breathing heavily, but upright. Came home today and she is swimming somewhat normally, but obviously hiding anytime I came by the tank.

SO, here's where I'm at. Who here has gone through a similar situation and what did you first try to feed? I fed the fowleri tang some spir brine when I got home. A few pieces made their way to her side of the tank, but very little interest was shown. I would completely understand if she took a week to eat, just trying to get some advice to stay ahead of the game. I figure start with clams/mussels, and work my way from there? Contemplating going a third day with lights off, just to help her feel more settled...

8a69db2432bd1f611ee2de307f100575.jpg

Last edited:
Can't believe the scribbled is still alive honestly... I have NEVER see a fish recover from laying on its side

Rough shippers advice

Can't believe the scribbled is still alive honestly... I have NEVER see a fish recover from laying on its side

Let alone motionless in ~60 degree water.

I've had some pretty dismal shipments come in after delays from the Caribbean during the winter. Back when I ran the LFS. Crazy what those fish were able to recover from.

If she survives, she will be a very special fish....

Let alone motionless in ~60 degree water.

I've had some pretty dismal shipments come in after delays from the Caribbean during the winter. Back when I ran the LFS. Crazy what those fish were able to recover from.

If she survives, she will be a very special fish....

Very special indeed!

Sorry to hear about the others, but congrads for saving the Angel so far. I would keeping trying different stuff and maybe try to contact the vendor and see what they were feeding her. You can also try a couple of drops of Garlic to try to entice her appetite. Also one thing that has help me, is getting a 2in X 2in piece of Nori and rubberband it to a small rock or PVC and just leave it.

Nori is on the list. Picking up a fresh pack of reef frenzy as well. Going to try Rod's and spir. brine tonight. Calms and such if that doesn't work.

When I got home today she was picking, so I suppose thats a good sign. The fowleri keeps making his way to her side of the tank, so I took the barrier down. They seemed to be leaving each other alone, and the Fowleri has been p***** ever since I put the barrier up...

She is eating. Not sure what, as I haven't turned the lights on in the tank yet. I'm guessing by the sizes of the pieces its the spir. brine. What a tough fish....

As for the fowleri: still ****ed :lmao:. Although, I almost prefer their angry coloration....

Back