sad sad day

jeffb3t

So there I was happily skipping home after a hard day of work. I enter the house and say hello to my dog and hi to the kids and fiance. After removing my shoes, I run to the tank to look at my favorite green bubble coral. I notice the maxijet fell down again and thought nothing of it so I proceeded to pick up the maxi jet when I noticed my bubble coral was stuck in the maxijet. After a few minutes of screaming like a girl, I yelled at my fiance to cut the power. I disassembled the maxijet inthe tank hoping to free my bubble coral but not good. :( As I held my poor bubble coral in my hand (still attached to the maxijet) I knew I had no choice... Asking for the scissors, I proceeded to cut half of my precious bubble off in order to save it. I just hope it makes it.

Yeah, If puree bubble can survive. Needless to say the rest of the bubble that was left in the maxijet didn't look so great when I pulled it out. I don't think it would even grow. The other side of the bubble is now out and looking ok. Looks like it might pull through. Time will tell.

my tang got stuck in my maxi one time..lol she made it ok though.. was funny as hell. well after I reaslised she was ok.. :D

Well, The bubble is looking great after all that it went through ( except the side I cut off.) I think it will make a full recovery...just may take some time for the one side. When I looked at the side that was stuck, it ripped it clear down to the skeleton so it made me wonder. It did feed last night and readily accepted a piece of shrimp so I suppose that is a good thing.

Cooking chopsticks. The really long ones. Just don't tell my fiance. She might be kinda upset about that. I basically just set the shrimp in the bubbles and it grabs a hold of it.

Thanks for that link!! I was actually thinking of doing something like that but I figured I'd wait until I do the 180. At least I know how to do it right now!!

Back