Salt Water Mixing Stations Let's See Them

These cover my ATO and semi-auto water change apparatus. The lower 15 gallon drum is for SW while the upper is the RO drum attached to the ATO float valve and gate valves to fill the lower drum. The upper drum is filled automatically by the RO filter attached to an RO filter float valve. Once SW is mixed, I have matching pumps and the valves are sent to remove old water from the overflow directly to the kitchen sink and add new water to the sump from the SW drum. The whole process takes about 15 miuntes. I have also recently added (not pictured) a secondary valve off the new SW sump fill line to be able to easily get water for my QT when needed.

SDC11737.jpg~original

SDC11738.jpg~original

SDC11742.jpg~original

Where did you get these? Thks

Here is my new 150 gallons total volume mixing stations with bucket outlet and direct hose connection to fill without bucket

e75c819a123129217741bbb824b0d83f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't really get a good pic because of the limited space in my shed.
3c704121625399f13d20e96c073d5cc0.jpg

Simple design that works
474b14110b97a902303803e25d058292.jpg

I just finished mine this past weekend. Next step is a leak test. I also have to paint the riser ply under each tank.

Attachments

• IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 8
Are you asking about filling the tanks or filling a bucket? Tank on the left (RO) will be filled via 1/4” tubing that I have to rig up. Buckets can be filled using the spigots in the front, gravity fed, choice of RO or saltwater.

Are you asking about filling the tanks or filling a bucket? Tank on the left (RO) will be filled via 1/4" tubing that I have to rig up. Buckets can be filled using the spigots in the front, gravity fed, choice of RO or saltwater.

Yes so you'll still be carrying bucket in the house, instead of using a outlet 3/4 and plug in a hose to fill your tank

So I am planning my mixing station build. I will be using 2 65gallon Norwesco tanks. I have a brand new reefflo dart pump I’m hoping to use to move the water between tanks and mix the salt water. My question is will that pump be to much flow. I have had it sitting storage and don’t feel like buying a smaller pump if I don’t have to

So I am planning my mixing station build. I will be using 2 65gallon Norwesco tanks. I have a brand new reefflo dart pump I'm hoping to use to move the water between tanks and mix the salt water. My question is will that pump be to much flow. I have had it sitting storage and don't feel like buying a smaller pump if I don't have to

Its never too much flow to mix water and salt you can alway add a fflow valve

So I am planning my mixing station build. I will be using 2 65gallon Norwesco tanks. I have a brand new reefflo dart pump I'm hoping to use to move the water between tanks and mix the salt water. My question is will that pump be to much flow.
Hahahhahaha, yes a bit of overkill. Since its not running 24/7 it will work. Might be noisy with that much water movement. Keeping the return pipe ends under water will help. Fastest water changer award.

I just commissioned my automatic water changing system this morning. So far so good. It was a ton of work, but worth it.

There's a picture of my saltwater mixing station a few posts up.

I'm still building my new saltwater mixing station. I purchased two 65G tanks from Norwesco. I wanted to keep them off the ground by at least 8" since this is in my basement and there's always the potential to get a few inches of water if the sump or electric fails. I needed something that would easily hold well over 1100 pounds based on the fact that 130gals weighs that much. After some intensive googling, I ran across something called a "dunnage rack". They are used by restaurants to stack heavy bulk items (such as large bags of flour) off the floor. This is the one I bought: https://www.webstaurantstore.com/advance-tabco-dun-2460-60-x-24-x-12-aluminum-dunnage-rack-2000-lb-capacity/109DUN2460.html

If anyone is looking to buy a rack instead of making one from wood, you should consider dunnage racks.

Great idea! Based on this post I just got one today from Amazon - plastic. My 2 water containers fit perfectly on it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00962TZ5Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Time to plumb in the RODI!

My wife did not "feel" my mixing station plans I had for the patio so I had to regroup. After some thought I proposed one with a herb garden on top which got the stamp of approval. Finished it this weekend. It's plumbed into the house and feeds my tank at the flick of a switch. Love it.
c5baa000b7f0c449bc5c4d922daaf842.jpg
c5efe6c733fb72edc9d6321d6f9ea69b.jpg

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

My wife did not "feel" my mixing station plans I had for the patio so I had to regroup. After some thought I proposed one with a herb garden on top which got the stamp of approval. Finished it this weekend. It's plumbed into the house and feeds my tank at the flick of a switch. Love it.
c5baa000b7f0c449bc5c4d922daaf842.jpg
c5efe6c733fb72edc9d6321d6f9ea69b.jpg

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

What size are those blue drums?

I have my "station" setup in the Garage. I use a brute trash can to mix in, and do a daily water change with the Neptune DOS.

ApexG2.jpg

Back