Sam's Stair-Stepping Nanos - The Complete Ecosystem

Ordered my LEDs today along with a few other things. :D Tanks are on the stand and plumbing is coming together. I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

The Aquariums

The Aquariums

Aquariums are on the stand. From left to right: Mr Aqua 17.4g, Mr Aqua 11.4g, and a Do!aqua 7.5g.

IMG_1473.jpg

All three tanks are drilled, leveled, and plumbed together. I ended up leveling the tanks with some extra Gutter Guard I had from putting together the overflows. The stand is almost level, but each section needed a little extra leveling. I also went ahead and painted the back of each tank flat black.

Here are the overflows and bubble traps.

IMG_1479.jpg

They're all DIY made with 3" PVC, Gutter Guard, hot glue, and painted with Krylon Fusion spray paint.

My RapidLED order came in today! :dance: This should keep me busy for a while. :D

IMG_1480.jpg

I definitely recommend RapidLED, they have good prices and great customer service.

Here's a parts list for the LEDs.

16) CREE XP-E Royal Blue 3W LED

4) CREE XP-E Blue 3W LED

7) CREE XP-G Neutral White 3W LED

9) CREE XP-G R5 Cool White 3W LED

2) Osram 660nm 3W Red LED

1) 4 LED Moonlight Kit

5) 40 degree lens

12) 55/65 degree lens

18) 80 degree lens

4) Single LED Aluminum Heatsink

1) 4.25" x 3" Aluminum Heat Sink

4) 4.25" x 4" Aluminum Heat Sink

4) Mean Well ELN-60-48P dimmable driver

1) Moonlight driver (350mA)

2) 92mm Vantec Stealth Fan Kit

4) Berquist Thermal Pad (set of 10)

20) Bulk Wire (Black)

26) Wire Connectors/Nuts

1) DDC-01 PWM Controller w/ remote control

6) 3-Prong Power Cord

My RapidLED order came in today! :dance: This should keep me busy for a while. :D

I definitely recommend RapidLED, they have good prices and great customer service.

You are def. going to be busy, I also have had a good experience with rapidled, waiting on an order now.

I like what you did with the gutter guard, very fun stuff! Subscribed!

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Should be adding sand and Marco rocks in two weeks at max. I really want to get some water in this tank! I've been planning this upgrade for months.

Bubble traps are the ones with the hole covered in Gutter Guard and the overflows are the ones with the Gutter Guard around the top. I'll explain how they work when I put them in.

I like that you will be able to keep many different types of critters in the different tanks, with a very efficient use of pumps, skimmer etc. Tagging along

Jim

Back