Sawcjack00's Reefer 750 XXL SPS build

Bill,
I too just moved to the area, I'm south of you in litchfield park. I'm tankless at the moment, in the beginning stages of an in wall leemar 300 gallon.

I look forward to seeing your tank come to life.

Hi Jimmy, That sounds awesome. i really wanted to do an in wall tank with a fish room, but my wife just wouldn't go for it. I'm happy with the Reefer 750 so far though.

Do you have a thread started for your tank yet?

You asked for it Jimmy. Please don't judge :spin3:

Attachments

• Filling Tank.jpg
    Filling Tank.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1
That's nothing, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel for your build... I can still look behind me and see the light at the beginning of the tunnel.

gtQR3t6h.jpg

PtMl7Sch.jpg

:bdaysmile:It's Alive... Got my shipment of Dr. Tim's one and Only and dumped it in today, so I am considering today as the tanks birthday!!! Got the Abyzz A100 return pump running today, and man is it quiet and powerful. Currently running at 70%. Skimmer is working well, and tested the algae reactor, and it is fully functional. Still have a lot of work to do, but at least the cycle has begun.:celeb3:

So the delivery truck showed up on Friday with a gift... What can it be?

Attachments

• Presents.jpg
    Presents.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 3
Got lots of gadgets running now, and the tank has begun the cycle. Still waiting for my fuge light, the left front compartment will have macro algae to supplement the Algae Reactor and help with pod production.

Attachments

• Sump 1.jpg
    Sump 1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Sump 2.jpg
    Sump 2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 2
Pretty clean! I like it! If you don't mind, what's the path through the fuge? I'd like to see that up close.

So the water comes into the front right chamber from the overflow goes through the red cups (I removed the socks because I want lots of pods and diversity. I'll put socks in when I blow off the rocks before a WC then remove them after the WC). It then flows into my Siporax box made from black eggcrate, then it can go either to the front left eggcrate chamber where I'll have Chaeto tumbling, and on to the skimmer, or back through the Algae Reactor then to the return. So basically all of the water goes through the Siporax then it will either get skimmed or go through macro algae, or both. I removed the sponge bubble trap to so it won't prevent pods from getting to the tank. I hope that explains it.

Last edited:
Here's a few pics of the tank running. Can't wait to get some life in there!

Attachments

• Front 04032018.jpg
    Front 04032018.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Right Angle 04032018.jpg
    Right Angle 04032018.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Left Angle 04032018.jpg
    Left Angle 04032018.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1
Not too much to report. DT is well into the cycle, and I have 9 Dispar Anthias in QT right now. They will be the first inhabitants soon. I have also added lots of pods and some chaeto in the fuge. I'll post some pic once the Anthias are in their home...

Back