Sawcjack00's Reefer 750 XXL SPS build

What are you doing for qt on the anthias? Ttm or just observation?

Observation and treatment with Praziquantel which is almost done, then a few days with Metronidazol. If there's no sign of Ich after that, then they will move to their home. Hopefully by this Sunday.

Bill,
Outstanding tank, you definitely didn't spare any expense!
Can you lay out that regimen? How long do you have them in the qt before you treat with praziquantel? What are you particularly looking for before and after that treatment? How long do you wait after the first treatment to issue metronidazol? Again what are you looking for in the fish? And how long after th wr that treatment are you confident that the fish are disease free?

Thank you so much sir!

Bill,
Outstanding tank, you definitely didn't spare any expense!
Can you lay out that regimen? How long do you have them in the qt before you treat with praziquantel? What are you particularly looking for before and after that treatment? How long do you wait after the first treatment to issue metronidazol? Again what are you looking for in the fish? And how long after th wr that treatment are you confident that the fish are disease free?

Thank you so much sir!

Thank you! If you haven't read it yet, this is an excellent thread on QT - http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1846124

I acclimate the fish to the QT tank then let them relax for 2 days while I observe them and feed them. If nothing alarming shows up (sick behaviour, spots, etc) then I add Prazipro to the tank and turn off the skimmer. If I see something right away like Ich, I will start copper treatment ASAP. After 5 days of Prazipro treatment, I do a partial water change and add the appropriate amount of Prazipro to the replacement water. After 10 days I do another WC run carbon and add the metronidazol which is where I'm currently at on this batch. After 3 days if all looks well and they are eating, I will then do another WC and run carbon for a day, and start on the copper treatment for 3 weeks. After that, they will go into the DT. I am planning to get a 2nd QT tank so that I can do the Two Tank Method which will save a few days. It's a bit of a pain, but I am really trying to prevent bad stuff from getting into the tank as much as possible. I had ich in my last tank that took a beautiful Powder Blue Tang from me, and I want to avoid it as much as possible in this one.

POOP! I accidentally left the lid off the QT last night, and sure enough one of the Anthias decided to learn to fly... RIP I now have 8, but they all seem to be doing well (as was the flyer :( ), and lesson learned lid on at all times...

Picked up a sweet Naoko Wrasse from my LFS last night. He is now in QT (I set up 2 more tanks) get Prazipro treatment for 5 days then TTM for 2 weeks.

Unfortunately the Naoko Wrasse did not survive. The LFS I got him from doesn't QT before the fish are put out for sale, so he was fresh from the ocean, and apparently something was wrong. He was eating great the first 3 days, then just stopped. I found him dead in the QT tank yesterday morning... I would love to get one of these in the future as they are very cool little fish. RIP.

Last edited:
Finally an update! I will try to be more timely going forward, but life got in the way. Since my last update there have been a few changes. My nutrients have been running low, so I'm having trouble keeping chaeto going. I am going to try one more time with the Chaeto, but if it dies again, I will just go without it. As long as the tank inhabitants are happy without it, I'm fine with not having it. Also, the glass was too thick for my MP40's to stay on (3/4"), so I sold them and went with 2 Neptune Wav's which can be used on up to 1" glass. They are awesome pumps, and incredibly powerful. I have them on the back glass at an angle towards the front of the tank, and can only run them at 10% max or the sand gets blown away. Unfortunately the Dispar Anthias did not do well. I no longer have any of them. On the bright side I have QT'd and added some very beautiful fish who are all doing well, as well as some nice frags that are also doing great. Here's some crappy iphone pics.

Attachments

• IMG_6203.jpg
    IMG_6203.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6240.JPG
    IMG_6240.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6242.jpg
    IMG_6242.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6187.jpg
    IMG_6187.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6189.jpg
    IMG_6189.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 3
More pics

Attachments

• IMG_6196.jpg
    IMG_6196.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6204.jpg
    IMG_6204.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6217.jpg
    IMG_6217.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6222.jpg
    IMG_6222.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6227.jpg
    IMG_6227.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 4
Monthly update time. I now have 40 diferent SPS frags in the tank from various vendors and fellow reefers. I have an additional 15 frags coming this week. I have also added a beautiful pair of Watanabei Angels and my Bartletts Anthias are now all in the DT - a total of 8 of them. Here's a few pics.

Attachments

• IMG_6427.jpg
    IMG_6427.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6443 (1).jpg
    IMG_6443 (1).jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6448 (2).jpg
    IMG_6448 (2).jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6438 (1).jpg
    IMG_6438 (1).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6450.jpg
    IMG_6450.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2
Love the Watanabei pair! Watching your build makes me itch even more (if that was possible) to upgrade my Reefer 250; thank you and keep up the inspiration!

Not sure you are still checking your thread out but I am thinking of getting the 2 - 36" aquatic life hybrid t5 / LED combos as well for my Red Sea Reefer 750 xxl. It looks like you are using two of the universal stand mounts to hold the the two lights up. How did you connect them in the middle? I appreciate your help and hope your tank is doing well!

Just noticed I stopped getting notifications for this thread.
Bill, how’s it going?
So far I’m loving the coral AND fish choices!

He must be busy with family and the holidays, I saw his tank a few weeks ago and i'm so jealous!!! wait until you see all the neat things he has for tank stability.

Back