SC Aquariums Owners Thread

I did get a response from Steve on Saturday after I sent a few more pictures. He mentioned that they would ship a replacement today. Hopefully this is a case. Unfortunately, my timeline to complete this tank move before I go on vacation is completely squashed. This is a major setback, but hopefully it is worth it in the end. The tank looked great otherwise. Sigh.

So you end up with two tanks? I would trust Steve if he said he's sending a replacement out. But if it is a scratch you can probably buff it up and use it for something else.
I am actually kind in the same boat time wise because I am still waiting for the 20" overflow from synergy. It has been pushed for a week due to their factory maintenance so I won't get it until next week. Originally I was planning to get it plumbed this week. Luckily if I have learned anything from this hobby that's patience. Nothing good happens quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke with Steve and I have to figure out what to do with the extra tank. He is shipping a new one today. I really appreciate this kind of customer service.

I will have to do a deeper inspection to see if it is stress cracks or scratches. I didn't want to touch anything before i got confirmation that a replacement was being sent. Time to pull off the black plastic cover and take a deeper look. I really cannot imagine why there would be so many scratches on the inside of a tank, when it is drilled from the outside. It really seems like it would be cracks.

I actually bought the euro braced version because its drilled for the 16" overflow. I did this because i contacted Synergy, and they implied that it would take 6 weeks to get a 20" overflow built for me. Being that I didn't have 6 weeks to spare.... Now, ironically i am past that 6 week deadline. Yeah, i know that I should know better by now. Nothing happens as expected in this hobby :(

*Fingers crossed* on the next tank arrival!

So you end up with two tanks? I would trust Steve if he said he's sending a replacement out. But if it is a scratch you can probably buff it up and use it for something else.
I am actually kind in the same boat time wise because I am still waiting for the 20" overflow from synergy. It has been pushed for a week due to their factory maintenance so I won't get it until next week. Originally I was planning to get it plumbed this week. Luckily if I have learned anything from this hobby that's patience. Nothing good happens quickly.

I spoke with Steve and I have to figure out what to do with the extra tank. He is shipping a new one today. I really appreciate this kind of customer service.

I will have to do a deeper inspection to see if it is stress cracks or scratches. I didn't want to touch anything before i got confirmation that a replacement was being sent. Time to pull off the black plastic cover and take a deeper look. I really cannot imagine why there would be so many scratches on the inside of a tank, when it is drilled from the outside. It really seems like it would be cracks.

I actually bought the euro braced version because its drilled for the 16" overflow. I did this because i contacted Synergy, and they implied that it would take 6 weeks to get a 20" overflow built for me. Being that I didn't have 6 weeks to spare.... Now, ironically i am past that 6 week deadline. Yeah, i know that I should know better by now. Nothing happens as expected in this hobby :(

*Fingers crossed* on the next tank arrival!

Didn't know there was an option for the 16" overflow. Could have saved a few hundred bucks and a few weeks if I asked. The 20" is really an over kill in my opinion. Oh well...

I don't follow? There is plenty of room for it from what i've seen. What is your reasoning?
Define plenty of room? Sure you have like 24 inches to work with but with the euro race the water line is horribly low.

Euro brace is roughly 1/2inch from top of rank then another 1/2 for the glass and perhaps another 3/4 inch to top of overflow and another 1/2 for where water line would be. It is too low with rear euro brace

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Oh ok. I thought you were talking about clearances. The eurobrace is 1/4" from the top. I put the overflow up to the tank. I estimate that I would be somewhere 2 1/4" for waterline. I'm fine with that. Hopefully my opinion doesn't change after installation.

What I would really like to see and even asked for it, is a rimless drilled for a 16" overflow. I spoke with the synergy guys and they said that they even recommended the 16 over the 20 for the thickness of the rimless version. Steve said that he did not have that option. Not entirely sure why.

Define plenty of room? Sure you have like 24 inches to work with but with the euro race the water line is horribly low.

Euro brace is roughly 1/2inch from top of rank then another 1/2 for the glass and perhaps another 3/4 inch to top of overflow and another 1/2 for where water line would be. It is too low with rear euro brace

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just a correction. I test mounted the overflow and pulled it up to the top of the holes. The bottom of the weir is 2 1/4" from the very top of the tank. With reasonable water flow i'm sure that the water height will be near 2" from the very top. Just posting this so that others are a bit more informed than i was when i made my purchase :)

Oh ok. I thought you were talking about clearances. The eurobrace is 1/4" from the top. I put the overflow up to the tank. I estimate that I would be somewhere 2 1/4" for waterline. I'm fine with that. Hopefully my opinion doesn't change after installation.

What I would really like to see and even asked for it, is a rimless drilled for a 16" overflow. I spoke with the synergy guys and they said that they even recommended the 16 over the 20 for the thickness of the rimless version. Steve said that he did not have that option. Not entirely sure why.

Just a correction. I test mounted the overflow and pulled it up to the top of the holes. The bottom of the weir is 2 1/4" from the very top of the tank. With reasonable water flow i'm sure that the water height will be near 2" from the very top. Just posting this so that others are a bit more informed than i was when i made my purchase :)

Thanks for the update. Could you also post a pic of the water line at the top please? I am still waiting for the 20" overflow box but want to get an idea of what I am going to deal with. Thank you!

I cant. Still awaiting my replacement tank. You should not have the same issue though. As you purchased rimless, correct? Measure from the top of your tank to the holes. I will be able to get you estimates on your water level using my synergy's measurements.

Thanks for the update. Could you also post a pic of the water line at the top please? I am still waiting for the 20" overflow box but want to get an idea of what I am going to deal with. Thank you!

I will hopefully have my SCA 150g delivered on Monday. Missed a Saturday delivery by about 30 minutes.

I am pretty excited.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wish i had good news to report about my REPLACEMENT 150g that was sent to replace the one that they sent with deep scratches in it.

Well.... I don't. My replacement tank came with 4 major scratches. Also on the back wall, near the drilling. Were not talking small scratches. The biggest one is 5" in length.

I'm outright ****ed off about this, but i have no choice but to accept this and move forward at this point. Im glad for the people in this thread that are having a good experience with SCA tanks. They are very nice looking when they aren't sabotaged from the start.

Left a VM and text with Steve around 3PM on Friday. No response yet.

Just sharing my experience.

Yay!

Finally recieved my SCA 150. Just completed my inspection, no cracks, chips or thin silicone. The stank on the other hand, the doors need adjusting plus one of the dovetails is broken. Both are easy fixes.
2a22dd8f6e4959753a2eeb8836ae85ae.jpg
b4cb167149d6ae2cad51940a77ec4016.jpg
4aa8dcdd4c7021ecd210464d07b53b85.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back