SC Aquariums Owners Thread

Onur,
Looking good, " my love me wall" cracked me up we have one of those as well. I definitely plan on at least gluing the stand as well as possible some reinforcements, maybe evan a waterproof tray. What are your plans on pumps, and sump?

Bill

After reading some comments I decided to get rid of the return pump. I found a eheim 1260 that I would like to use. I think I will also go for a Herbie drain and use an external return pipe.
The bulkheads are non standard. I will replace them with one that I can find the fittings easily.

The stand is very sturdy. I had a hard time to drill holes to let my chiller and controller lines go through.

I installed corner braces and also created a little bit of overflow protection with some liner.

7c8f23135c416b2bd03b2e9186533dd1.jpg

af0da9c31774b18f0b9b1ba31e2051bb.jpg

0bdb07c06d1f8951dc7332b25eda346a.jpg

This tank is heavy. Two man team with the help of some booze did the job. Actually we consumed the booze after the move. I didn't want my helper to lose the ultimate purpose. ☺

I have two pre drilled holes at the bottom of my overflow. One 1" and one 1/2". I want to use a Herbie method by using those two holes. The pump will be in the sump but since I will be using the second bulkhead, the return will be from the back of the tank over the rim.
I have a question, which of the pipes shall I use for the siphon 1/2 or 1? I read different views on that, I am inclined to use the small one for siphon.

Went to RAP this past weekend and picked up a 66 for a good price. I went with tank only. I will be building my own stand and having a sump made by AA to my spec. Can't wait to get it started.

Went to RAP this past weekend and picked up a 66 for a good price. I went with tank only. I will be building my own stand and having a sump made by AA to my spec. Can't wait to get it started.

Nice, how much you pick up the tank for? I was at RAP as well, checked out the SCA tanks looked legit.

Cool. I wish I was closer.

Let us know how you will set it up.

Onur

Well I pulled the trigger and picked up my 66 gal complete package as well. I think I will add some reinforcment to the stand to make it a little more earth quake resistant, and I will also add some PVC shower pan material to catch spills as well. I am going to see how bad the durso pipe sounds but will upgrade to a DC return pump. I will give their skimmer a try but will add a 4" filter sock to the sump. I am also putting full union ball valves and a check valve in. I will also put a tee in the return line and divert partial flow threw a reactor / carbon vessel.

Bill

Glad you are now an SCA owner. The link that Pbradford provided is an amazing build. The owner of that tank enlarged the 1/2 hole to 1". I am not that brave to drill it myself and this thing is too heavy to get it down to the garage and drive to a glass shop.
I'll try the small one as main drain and the other as emergency.
I ordered new bulkheads. I also purchased an Eheim 1260. It has less flow, but I don't think I need a lot.

I was wondering if their bulkheads were substantual enough as well. I read on onother post about someones's bulkheads cracking, not sure if they were from SC but they were made in China. My new light pendants are coming from Reefledlabs (preorder) and not due until end of november so I am in no hurry. I am going to order a Jeboa DC3000 they are only $90 they will give me adjustable flow and suposedly generate less heat. I am trying to lower my pump noise/power/heat footprint and plan to put a chiller coil in the sump instead of pumping threw one. My Redseamax 130 has so many pumps the chiller runs quite a bit.

Bill

Last edited:
Since I am getting standard size bulkheads and not going to enlarge the holes, I thought of my stupid irrigation pipe which keeps ruptured constantly. The builders used thin wall PVCs for irrigation. That is OK user low pressure systems but not on my 60psi irrigation. On the other hand, it will be perfect for my Herbie helping to increase the emergency drain. Now I need to find where they sell that stuff

Hey guys i guess ill jump in on here to! ordered my tank in september i could not beat his price on a 150 with that glass $800 shipped! such a sexy price! it got to me in 7 days and was packaged really well from others i have seen! equipment im using on mine is as follows

1. jebao dc12,000 return pump
2. 2 jager 250 watt heaters
3. aqua auto smart top off
4. red sea c-skim
5. maxspect razer 300w
6. 36w uv steraizer
7. BRS media reactors!
8. apex (yet to come)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1
I was wondering if their bulkheads were substantual enough as well. I read on onother post about someones's bulkheads cracking, not sure if they were from SC but they were made in China. My new light pendants are coming from Reefledlabs (preorder) and not due until end of november so I am in no hurry. I am going to order a Jeboa DC3000 they are only $90 they will give me adjustable flow and suposedly generate less heat. I am trying to lower my pump noise/power/heat footprint and plan to put a chiller coil in the sump instead of pumping threw one. My Redseamax 130 has so many pumps the chiller runs quite a bit.

Bill
ive heard that some of the eshopps ones are cracking like they had a bad batch. my buddy cracked two the other week while we were setting up his new tank!

Back