Scandinavian / Japanese Style Reef Tank

Dont you just love some of your "kids"? We recently adopted a Pincushion Urchin (Blue Tuxedo). We soon named him "fasionista".. yes a rather gay name for a sea urchin but we got inspired by his unique ability to decorate himself with whatever meets his way.

He is currently having 3 different types of zoas on him, a small xenia culture and 2 little clams.

Isnt he just adorable? :)

Nice macro shots! Luv it.

Glad to see things are finally on the upswing!

I am very glad that you get by.

Great tank, great pics and wishing you great success on the clownfish breeding project!

Thank you all for the feedback! I appreciate alot taking your time and sending me comments :)))

Today I had a very weak moment. A friend of mine called saying that a local store has brought huge SPS colonies. I am on a tight badget (or was better say) until I arrived to the shop.I end up with 3 AMAZING corals. The problem was that they were so big that my partner had to re-aquascape a big part of the tank. The result is amazing and soon i will make a new video. For the time being i took some pictures showing the size of these babies:

Lets call it "An expensive present to myself" / 3 BIG SPS corals

Coral n.1 - I think its a millepora coral - maybe you can help on this one

Treating it with Coral X before entering the display tank (sponsored by Pall Mall - put the packet so you can see the size)

In the tank

Coral n.2 - Hydnophora coral

In the tank

Coral n.3 - Hydnophora coral

In the tank. We wanted to have it as a stand alone "island". There is a dead part and a rock and we will put some zoas to cover it nicely in the following weeks.

Thats all for now. A nice evening to all from Copenhagen

Dino

Those are lovely colonies, but really, you should be quarantining them. You put your whole tank at risk.

Dave.M

Wow, very nice, Dino. I was unaware, however, that corals like smokes? I'll have to give that a try. :)

Those are lovely colonies, but really, you should be quarantining them. You put your whole tank at risk.

Dave.M

Hahahaha.. the love smoking, some do sisha, some more heavy stuff :uzi:

Dave unfortunately we dont have a quarantine tank. However when we move to a house at some point this is on the checklist. it would be interesting to know such corals how much they cost at your part of the world

Yep. Easily $200 or more. Most LFS grab these and frag them themselves rather than let some hobbyist take the profit.

Dave.M

They are so beautifull those corals, and Im very happy for u guys, with everything going on in the tank - its starting to be a small, healthy colorfull reef :)

Hugs

Very cool! Hopefully corals bathed to remove parasites?

For approximately 6 months now we dont enter anything in the tank before going through Coral X. Some people dont believe in it but better safe than sorry. BTW the mic acro colony has already started having growing tips. So happy to see this!! :celeb1:

i saw in a comments u said using "Blue Treasure Salt", have u switched to others or using the same now? i was planning to buy a bucket its would be helpful if u can say if its good or now

i saw in a comments u said using "Blue Treasure Salt", have u switched to others or using the same now? i was planning to buy a bucket its would be helpful if u can say if its good or now

I am actually quite happy with it. Its been nearly a year I am using it and is easily dissolved in water and gives me standard water parameters. So far I havent come across a faulty batch. Give it a go and let me know what you also think :)

Hello from Copenhagen,

Hope you are doing very well. It has been some time since the last time i wrote. This was due to being totally absorbed with my other little project (i.e. growing baby percula fish). You can find an update here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2375294

On top of this i went for 2 weeks on vacation to Boracay Island in the Philippines. It was simply amazing.. every day diving and enjoying amazing reef. I will soon post a GoPro video with the diving experience.

Our tank is thriving and all corals grow. We no longer have problems and it seems that parameters are constantly stable. A new hobby within the hobby is zoas. We have been collecting different colours and types which when they grow we trade them with others from collectors.

Below you can see a video of the tank as it stands today (disregard the date... we meant to put 10th of April but was too late when we found out and the video was already uploaded to Vimeo).

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/91649867" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/91649867">ISTEDGADE REEF</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user9719115">kenneth olsen</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

:wavehand:
Dino

Back