Scheduling

ostrow

It's Dr. Goodluck Himself
I realize fully that life doesn't allow me to attend meetings or events like I used to and still wish to. But I am a club member and read everything always with an eye to "can I go"?

September 14 is Yom Kippur. It is the holiest day on the Jewish calendar.

Really bad day for a pork club barbecue.

Just a thought.

I agree, Craig was telling me how disappointed he was. He is just to shy to ever post something like this.

Tank, it is today and tomorrow.

Yom Kippur is the 14th.

Together they are the High Holidays.

Herein lies the beauty of our country. If having a pork bbq on a certain religious holiday, or any day, offends you, then you can simply not attend the bbq. Or feel free to attend but just not consume the pork. When did it become every person's responsibility to obey the rules of every other person's beliefs?

To play devil's advocate it is also within ostrow's rights to air his grievances and express his discontent. It would appear that it is not only him that is upset about this. The BOD/CMAS may not even be aware there is an issue if someone does not voice their displeasure. Within any club it is hard to please everyone and you sacrifice losing those you don't keep content.

Absolutely, Randy. And by no means did I intend to step on Ostrow with my comment. Simply stated my point was that an event, any event, can't be scheduled around everyone's, or anyone's, personal commitments. The date wasn't chosen out of a specific anti-(insert group here) concern, I'm sure. The bottom line is that it is no one's responsibility to accommodate anyone's personal life or beliefs. This is the date that was chosen. Everyone would love to see you there, but we understand if you can't make it.

Missing the point.

Even most non-observant Jews would not go to an event like this on that day.

This is a membership club. I doubt an avent would be scheduled on Good Friday or Easter Sunday, because doing so would automatically exclude a segment of people because of the major religous holiday.

Guarantee if such a scheduling decision were made there would be an outcry.

Please note: I blame nobody. It is an oversight.

But it needed to be pointed out.

missing the point.

Even most non-observant jews would not go to an event like this on that day.

This is a membership club. I doubt an avent would be scheduled on good friday or easter sunday, because doing so would automatically exclude a segment of people because of the major religous holiday.

+1

Missing the point.

Even most non-observant Jews would not go to an event like this on that day.

This is a membership club. I doubt an avent would be scheduled on Good Friday or Easter Sunday, because doing so would automatically exclude a segment of people because of the major religous holiday.

Completely agree.

The date was not intentionally put on any specific date, it was the only open day I had on a very busy schedule. We will not be serving pork....only BEEF! will have veggie option if requested.

After being very nearly killed in a work accident a little over a year ago, Everyday as a religious holiday for me. I give thanks Daily to God for all the blessings I have, regardless of His name. ;)

We will make our best effort to double check of r these conflicts in the future. Interesting enough, we did make the mistake of trying to schedule something on Easter this year, It took a member request for us to change it. ;) Sorry I did not see this earlier Joel...
God Bless you all everyday!
Carl

Back