SCMAS Meeting Friday June 20th

gcarroll

SCMAS Club Meeting, 6/20/2008

When: Friday June 20, 2008 @ 7:00pm
Where: IHOP, 1001 E 17th St, Santa Ana CA 92701-2546
To learn more about SCMAS: www.scmas.org

This month's Topic: "Reef Pest, the Good, the Bad & the Ugly"

This is an opportunity for us to discuss those pesky reef pests that plague our tanks from time to time. Come and share you experiences and learn from other's experiences!
Hope to see you all there.

This month's Raffle sponsors: Warner Marine, Current USA, Tropic Marin, Two Little Fishies, Amazing Aquariums and Reefs, & Black Coral Hawaii.

This month's GRAND PRIZE RAFFLE ITEM:
Warner Marine R200 protein skimmer
R300.jpg

Also we will be taking orders for the Marine Salt Group Buy so this is your opportunity to stock up. You must order and pay for the Salt at the meeting. You will receive the salt at the July 18th meeting. Buy now because these prices can't be beat!

brands in the group buy:
D-D H2Ocean Magnesium Pro PLUS Salt Mix
Instant Ocean Sea Salt
Reef Crystals Salt Mix

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12773382#post12773382 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpoletti
What a great topic Greg. Do you guys do a pod cast of your meetings?
Sorry we do not but that is a great idea that we may want to consider!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12773423#post12773423 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gcarroll
Sorry we do not but that is a great idea that we may want to consider!

Thanks Greg. LMK if you guys do.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12773479#post12773479 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gcarroll
OMG, just realized you changed your RC name. lol. No prob Mark

:lol:

Yep, it was time to put Marko9 to rest.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12773735#post12773735 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Onesaltydawg
Greg...I will try to make this meeting for sure...also as Gabe asked can we get some info on D&D Salt?
Here is the info I found on the D&D salt. I have not used it yet but I spoke to someone at the MD sale who had. He mixed the entire bucket and came up with the advertised specs. At least that is what I think he said. I know he said the potassium was tested with a KZ test kit.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12773415#post12773415 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gcarroll
Also we will be taking orders for the Marine Salt Group Buy so this is your opportunity to stock up. You must order and pay for the Salt at the meeting. You will receive the salt at the July 18th meeting. Buy now because these prices can't be beat!

brands in the group buy:
D-D H2Ocean Magnesium Pro PLUS Salt Mix
Instant Ocean Sea Salt
Reef Crystals Salt Mix

Greg, if unable to attend the meeting, can we paypal in advance?
What is the price on the salt?

Sorry, but can't post prices as they are low.........very low. much lower than you can get them anywhere else.

no paypal but we might be able to arrange a check by mail.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12774208#post12774208 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by savethereef
do you have to be a member to participate in the GB or raffels
GB you need to be a member. Raffle is open to all.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12774324#post12774324 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by F35-Joint Strike Fighter
Do they have a group buy on Seachem Reef Salt?
Not at this time but maybe in future group buys.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12774648#post12774648 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Frankysreef
Will you take checks, or do I need to bring cash?
Cash is preferred, but checks are fine.

The D-D bucket of salt I mixed up tested at 8.5 ALK, 370 CA and 1350 for magnesium. I am sorry, but I am not a hundred percent sure, but I think it was at 1.025 on the refractometer. That is pretty darn good compared to most salt mixes I have used. The next closest that I have used is Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

Back