Scott's 270 aka Project Mayhem

i-GF553wQ-XL.jpg

i-DMWVWH7-XL.jpg

i-Pb8GfrF-XL.jpg

i-xw23VRS-XL.jpg

i-CQQC3Tt-XL.jpg

i-664bWt2-XL.jpg

i-sSDTqgJ-XL.jpg

Hey Scott, what is your current lighting arrangement. I believe Radion's and T5? Does it look like that in real life as opposed to camera capture? It looks really nice and exactly what I would like to achieve. I was thinking of adding T5's along with my Radions.

Hey Scott, what is your current lighting arrangement. I believe Radion's and T5? Does it look like that in real life as opposed to camera capture? It looks really nice and exactly what I would like to achieve. I was thinking of adding T5's along with my Radions.

I have 3 GHL Mitras, 4x48" T5, 2 x 24" T5. Arranged like this:

------------
------------ ||
M M M ||
------------ ||
------------

I use only blue spectrum T5's, and run a pretty full colour gamut with the LED's. The pictures look pretty spot on, aside from looking brighter overall in person. It also really depends on what time of day I try to take the shots.

In retrospect, I would plan to have T5's and LED's right off the hop. The T5's were an after though and in my system a necessity. If I did it from scratch I'd use 4 LED bodies and 8 x 36" long T5's (4 on each long side side).

The tank progression shots are incredible! The fish shots look like you need to go work for a magazine! The coral shots just look like you need to start selling!

I have 3 GHL Mitras, 4x48" T5, 2 x 24" T5. Arranged like this:

------------
------------ ||
M M M ||
------------ ||
------------

I use only blue spectrum T5's, and run a pretty full colour gamut with the LED's. The pictures look pretty spot on, aside from looking brighter overall in person. It also really depends on what time of day I try to take the shots.

In retrospect, I would plan to have T5's and LED's right off the hop. The T5's were an after though and in my system a necessity. If I did it from scratch I'd use 4 LED bodies and 8 x 36" long T5's (4 on each long side side).

Well it looks great. I have read a lot of good things about the ATI Blue Plus bulbs. Is that what you are using? I have never used T5's before.

I used to have Aquascience special 15000K but I have been using the ATI Blue Plus for over a year now and like it well enough to keep using them. The T5's are mostly there for increased PAR and to smooth out the lighting. LED's tend to have harsh shadows that the corals seem to really notice. At least my GHL Mitras do that.

My nitrate and phosphate dosing is now working well. I have registrable amounts of both in the tank now. Got a little overzealous with the nitrates (10-12 ppm) so I dialed that back to get it more into the 5 ppm range. Phosphates are sitting nicely at .04 ppm. I have a little green algae growing in the sand as a response to the increased nutrients but I am not losing any sleep about it until everything is balanced. The RR Walt Disney is starting to get some nice pink edges to the corallites! Will take some pictures in a bit :)

Back