Sea Shepherd Launches Operation Reef Defense Campaign in Hawaii

I have no idea how this thread transitioned from the Sea Shepherd and ecoterrorism to vegan-ness, but let's get back on track.

That TV show was just plain armature and they did nothing .. Just seems like what they did was for money and TV . Pointless show !!

That TV show was just plain armature and they did nothing .. Just seems like what they did was for money and TV . Pointless show !!

I will give them this one, Whale Wars did bring global awareness to the whaling issue. You would be shocked at the number of people who thought it was illegal and no one still did it. Other than that can't see that they did much. I mean really 95 percent of the time they spent sailing around looking for the whalers.

the interference with the jap boats has lowered their whale take significantly. keep up the good work. Since they say the whaling is for scientific research where are all the journal articles that should be getting published with their findings. its obviously a rouse for meat, i guess they need it to go with their rhino horns and shark fin soup.

They need to look into education and research. Coral propagation facilities in places where there are reefs benefit everyone including the wildlife.

the interference with the jap boats has lowered their whale take significantly. keep up the good work. Since they say the whaling is for scientific research where are all the journal articles that should be getting published with their findings. its obviously a rouse for meat, i guess they need it to go with their rhino horns and shark fin soup.

I think I've heard (quite possibly from Whale Wars) that a single whale can fetch up to *in best Dr Evil voice* $1 Million dollars.

Everyone that is interested in this should go to youtube and watch the program "Ocean Frontiers 80 minute version" it is quite enlightening and speaks to where I hope Hawaii and the rest of the world is going.it goes to show there is enough space for all with a little thought and action.

Back