seahorse and a pair of Amphiprion ocellaris

D_Hood87

i have a 29 gal biocube and there is two Amphiprion ocellaris in it right now with a few red/blue leg hermits...my wifes birthday is in 3 days and she really wants this pair of seahorses that are at a LFS and this would be the only place i could put them...would this be ok for them??

I personally would advise against it. Clownfish aren't great tankmates, especially a pair. And plug-n-plays usually run pretty warm for the recommended temps. for seahorses in captivity (usually 74* F, maximum.) You don't mention what species is at the LFS, how they look, if they are wild or CB... Perhaps if you could rehome your clowns into the 90 or 125?

I agree with the above - I would not recommend it either. It's not necessarily that the clownfish would be aggressive (although as they paired up they would become more aggressive), but rather it's the erratic swimming patter/behavior of the clowns that can stress out the seahorses causing them to be reclusive and/or stay hitched and/or hide for prolonged periods.

Tom

i cant relocate the clowns into the 90 because there is already a pair of GSM in there..the LFS couldnt give the species but they did say they were CB. i have a 30 cube i could set up for the seahorses but that would depend on if the LFS would hold on to them untill the tank cycles...thanks for the advice

the LFS said they are eating prepared food

Unknown species?

Unknown species?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14197503#post14197503 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by D_Hood87
..the LFS couldnt give the species but they did say they were CB. thanks for the advice
the LFS said they are eating prepared food

Wow - that would concern me... any self-respecting LFS would know what they ordered... and what type of "prepared food" are they feeding?

If it was me, I would pass on these seahorses, set up your 30G cube specifically for seahorses, and then order your animals from seahorsesource.org. Then you'll know what you're getting - healthy animals that are truly captive bred and raised to accept frozen mysis.

JMHO.

LL

Back