Selling EyeStrip Tang Surgeon Fish

bradam

So after a few months I finally managed to trap my big tang. I believe he's called an Eye Stripe Tang.

Looking to sell him. He eats like a horse, is friendly to all my other fish but recently decided to eat my H. Crispa. He's somewhere between 7 to 8 inchs long ish, I have no idea how to actually measure him short of laying him flat on the table lol

I caught him with a marine depot fish trap after 2 months of trying and now he's in my little 10 gallon hospital tank, in dire need of a new home. I paid $100 for him a few years ago so please make me a reasonable offer if you've got a tank big enough to hold him.

Will load up some photos later.

front%20eyestripe.jpg

Beautiful bariene. Whoever gets this one will be getting a nice find. Makes me wish I could keep my 300.

WOW. I so wish my tank was up. I am so tempted to buy it and introduce him slowly after QT in my current holding tank. My Fowleri and him would be so cool. Shame they can outgrow a 300 gallon easy. Looks more like a Acanthurus dussumieri.

Open to offers, mainly just looking for a good home for this fellow.

My kids reeeeally want me to trade him for a Snowflake eel as our last one went a wandering down into the sump, had a fight with the main pump and sadly lost. I figured the odds of that trade are next to nill so selling him outright and maybe buying another eel.

Looking at Acanthurus dussumieri photos I think that might be him, when I bought him he was really faded and had almost no color, the store had no idea what he was either at the time. I've had him since he was a mere few inches in length but he's almost gotten to big for my 210gal tank.

He used to take pieces of sheet algea from my hand in the main tank. Now in his mini hospital tank he's quite mad at me and just splashes water in my general direction :spin1:

Trade him to lfs that fish is to big for a 10 gal tank for this length of time

Agreed...I would take him to any of the great stores around here since 10 gallons is really stressful for that fish. If I had room he would already have a new home since i love these fish...although my 125 just won't cut it..

Matt sorry that fish is like my fowleri. They get large but the biggest problem is that they are active swimmers. I think liveaquria list 300+ gallon as recommended size. I will look it up. He might be ok for a bit but will bump stuff around.

Last edited:
Matt sorry that fish is like my fowleri. They get large but the biggest problem is that they are active swimmers. I think liveaquria list 300+ gallon as recommended size. I will look it up. He might be ok for a bit but will bump stuff around.

Ya that what I thought.....I guess its time for a upgrade....BUT please dont tell the wife.....:lolspin:

Awesome.
Gorgeous Tang needed a home and yet another sign the reefing community is strong.

Last edited:
Back