Setting up Calcium Reactor

Cheekymonkey

Premium Member
So I am setting up a calcium reactor using 2 pH probes, One will be in the reactor controlling the in reactor pH using my regulator solenoid. The other will be watching the tank pH to turn off the effluent pump (aqualifter) if the pH in the tank drops too low.

I know the aqualifter must be on 4 or 8 of my DC8 so that it is on a relay to keep it from having problems.

My question then is, does the JBJ electronic regulator solenoid need to be on a relay as well or can it be on any socket?

If I need another relay, will this suffice?
https://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~idproduct~NS3381.html

Also, for instance if I want to run my aqualifter for 4 minutes an hour, what are the smallest increments that I can do this in.

1 minute every 15 minutes
?

smaller increments are seconds possible?

I use the JBJ valve on DC8 ports 5 and 6 and they work (no guarantees though).

The smallest amount of time in the AC program is 1 minute, sub-minute control is not currently possible.

Thank you so much Ken, I am glad to hear that, I already had my 8 tied up with the T5's so only 4 was available, hopefully the JBJ solenoid will work on 5 for me.

I do not have experience with this device, perhaps others do?

ok so CO2 = solenoid
EFL = efluent pump

pH probe 1 is inside the Calcium Reactor
pH probe 2 is in the tan

If pH2 < 8.2 then EFL OFF
If PH1 >6.8 then CO2 ON

I need code help for making the pump (EFL) run 1 minute every half an hour.

OSC 001/029, but you may have problems maintaining a constant ph value inside the reactor, IMO. If you are shooting for 6.8, may want to add, If pH1 < 6.75 C02 OFF.

I use the above expansion module for my chiller, works fine. However, keep in mind both plugs work off the same timer name.

Ok, now how do I tell the controller that I am using 2 pH probes instead of a pH and an ORP, I can't find how to activate the ORP connection as a second pH probe.

hrm so back to the code I came up with this for the effluent from the reactor... does this make sense?

OSC 01/29 ON/OFF Then CAL& ON
If pH < 8.2 Then CAL& OFF

Yes, makes sense to me if Cal is the feed pump and ph was your ph2. Ph1 will stilll be in the reactor, correct? Also, ph1 should probably have a high and low shutoff.

I got to ask, why don't you want to drip constantly?

Honestly I dont know how to do a drip and still have it controllable by my AC3...

Any idea how to get the second pH probe working as pH and not as a ORP?

Not sure, I am using an expansion module for my second ph, but I know it can be done.

As for dripping, I threw away the cheap valve that came with the reactor and attached a IV drip to the end of the effluent line, easier and more reliable. I run about 1 drop per second.

I use the reactor ph to regulate the Co2 6.6 - 6.65 and the tank ph is set to turn off the Co2, as well, if the tank drops below a certain ph. Turning off the feed pump might be better, but my reactor siphons back a little into the sump (haven't had time to install a check valve). If the feed were off for a extended period I didn't want to risk drying out the probe tip in the reactor.

Back