Equipment needed for a full calcium reactor set up?

reefing102

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
Premium Member
Alright so I’m looking at switching out my dosing set up for a calcium reactor but I’ve never used one. So I was wondering what parts or pieces I’m missing for a complete set up:

Reactor
CO2 tank
Regulator
PH Probe

Am I missing anything? Thinking of keeping this as basic as possible.

Assuming gyou have a controller already,

Some will disagree with me but after having one, I’d recommend using the carbon doser for your regulator. IMO, it really makes it easy and it includes the solenoid which may or may not be included with other regulators but is pretty much required.

I never mad the jump but a paristolic feed pump really stabilized things too. I use a needle valve which apparently has been clogged for 2 weeks resulting in a significant pH and ALK drop. Just found that this morning.

IMG_3754.png

Pump to supply water to the reactor.
Pump to circulate water within the reactor (if it doesn't come with one).

Other than that, you should be good to go.

Thanks!

I’m looking at the Aquamaxx T-1. Seems basic enough. Mainly just figuring out how everything connects. My only concern is the pump placement seems high.

Pump to supply water to the reactor.
Pump to circulate water within the reactor (if it doesn't come with one).

Other than that, you should be good to go.
I just Tee off my return pump. It works pretty darn good because it’s under pressure, it only fails once every 3-6 months with a high quality (high quality) needle valve.

If you decide to go set-n-forget with a peristaltic pump remember we always suck the water through the reactor instead of pumping it through. Peristaltic pumps have the potential to produce hundreds of pounds of pressure and a clog could rupture the reactor if the output gets clogged.

Back