Share pics of neat, clean, Neptune set ups, mounted

ToLearn

Please share images of how you mounted your Neptune controller and kept the cables neat a clean. Obviously mine needs some work still. OR if you have a related link please post here. Even if it isn't of a Neptune controller. Looking for any insight as to how I can clean up this spaghetti as I will be adding a lot more cables in the near future.

IMAG0612cs.jpg

Please share your pics or links to better set ups then mine.

Here is a very small portion of whats attached to my Apex, but I cant seem to find anymore pictures of my fish room on my phone. This is a picture or an EB8, a PM1, PM2 and 2 breakout boxes mounted in a waterproof electrical box I picked up from menards for $30.00. I drilled a hole in it using a hole saw and them added a fitting to run the wires through.

After this picture, I mounted it under my stant and put the seal and lid on this box. it looks great and I know my stuff isnt going to get wet. Sorry, the picture is upside down.

3ea1629c.jpg

I just actually finished up running & setting mine up! I will post some pics tomorrow! Mine came out pretty clean i'd say

Here is a very small portion of whats attached to my Apex, but I cant seem to find anymore pictures of my fish room on my phone. This is a picture or an EB8, a PM1, PM2 and 2 breakout boxes mounted in a waterproof electrical box I picked up from menards for $30.00. I drilled a hole in it using a hole saw and them added a fitting to run the wires through.

After this picture, I mounted it under my stant and put the seal and lid on this box. it looks great and I know my stuff isnt going to get wet. Sorry, the picture is upside down.

3ea1629c.jpg

Looks very neat. Did you end up running raw wire then from the EB8 w/ a plug on end to your pumps and other equipment? I assume you didn't run all the regular plugs from the equipment to the EB8 thru the small pipe's.

Or did you then run wire to new outlet boxes near the equipent. I believe that is how drummereef did his. I'll have to find his page for this.

This box covers most of the equipment in my sump. I saw drummerreefs thread and really like his idea. I dont have a room like his and I have about that all my wiring is exposed. So instead of leaving this EB8 in my fish closet and running 8 additional cords, instead I just ran 1 aquabus cable to this EB8. Its a much cleaner look. I am in the process of running some top off lines and putting a chiller in my fish closet and will have everything exposed. running everything through a peice of PVC that matches my trim so nothing is really visible anymore.

Ill take more pictures when I get home and it will clear up what Im saying.

Just be cautious of placing an EB8 that is switching lots of power inside a sealed box. The Triacs are cooled by the case of the EB8 and if proper air flow is not provided, it may overheat.

Did you try using those IO break out boxes before mounting them in their? I could never get mine to work and ended up returning it.

Nothing too complicated or exciting, but here's a couple shots:

DSC_2720-1.jpg

DSC_2721-1.jpg

Unit is located in the cabinet, under my sumpless 46g bowfront.

power supply

power supply

Nothing too complicated or exciting, but here's a couple shots:

DSC_2720-1.jpg

DSC_2721-1.jpg

Unit is located in the cabinet, under my sumpless 46g bowfront.

nice install,! what is that power supply and what kind of run times are you getting from it thanks
kevin.

Ah, sumpless set up with a normal stand. Makes it much easier then your typical set up.

Looks nice. It is going to be a PITA when you go to take your power heads out to clean them once every couple of months. Cutting and redoing all your cable ties if they are one of the ones plugged into the EB8 and don't disconnect elsewhere.

Are those attached right to the wall or on some sort of white board?

Ah, sumpless set up with a normal stand. Makes it much easier then your typical set up.

Looks nice. It is going to be a PITA when you go to take your power heads out to clean them once every couple of months. Cutting and redoing all your cable ties if they are one of the ones plugged into the EB8 and don't disconnect elsewhere.

Are those attached right to the wall or on some sort of white board?

Actually... I've taken powerheads out a couple times already. No biggie. Just have to snip two cable ties. Actually... one of them was extra anyway in that shot, so it's just one cable tie to snip. Definitely not a PITA.

They're attached to a sheet of white board that closes up part of the back of the "normal" stand, not the wall.

nice install,! what is that power supply and what kind of run times are you getting from it thanks
kevin.

The UPS is a Xantrex Powersource 400... 400W maximum, 40 amp-hr capacity. It's a great unit, but I don't think they sell them anymore. Last time I recommended it to someone, it was pointed out they weren't available. Using it to power about 50W worth of stuff, it'll give me 8 hrs or so. I've got the Apex configured so it shuts off lighting/heaters/skimmer on a power outage and just runs enough stuff to keep things oxygenated.

It's a work in progress.....

Attachments

• DSCF4509 (Small).JPG
    DSCF4509 (Small).JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4510 (Small).JPG
    DSCF4510 (Small).JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4511 (Small).JPG
    DSCF4511 (Small).JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4513 (Small).JPG
    DSCF4513 (Small).JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
Made a angle platform so I can hide wires and store various manuals underneath. There's additional room avail. for various add-ons. Wires are easy to remove for pump cleaning. Nothing fancy, but it's clean and works pretty good:

Attachments

• P1030040.JPG
    P1030040.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 0
  • P1030042.JPG
    P1030042.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 0
superray take a look into reeflo pumps vs the coralife return pump you have. May almost pay for itself in electrical savings and get you more flow at the same time. What do you have the EB8s mounted on or what is mounted above and below them?

daboxbandit I like the idea you have. Nice and simple, but allows you to see everything easily and hide a good bit. Not too shabby.

daboxbandit I like the idea you have. Nice and simple, but allows you to see everything easily and hide a good bit. Not too shabby.

Thanks.. It was a good starting point to avoid drilling into the cabinet. I might come up with a better solution in due time.

My apex control panel

My apex control panel

Here is a shot of my custom made control panel for all of my Modules and Apex gear! My two EB8's power bars are behind the panel so you see ZERO wires.

TANK INFO:
120 MIXED REEF

Attachments

• APEX Control Panel .jpg
    APEX Control Panel .jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 0
Back