Shout out to BobbyV!!!

jbird0420

I just got home from visiting Mr. V.

What a nice guy!! I was able to see his new QT system and 300g DT. His corals are extremely healthy, gorgeous and pest free. I even examined my frags under a LED microscope that he had and they are flawless! Best of all he will hook you up! It's well worth the drive to see Rob. I live in Wesley Chapel. For the selection I got. It was well worth it and I will be back to see you Rob.

Thanks again bud!:beer:
J

Thank you guys, I appreciate your kinds words.

After this learning experience - let me remind everyone to spend the extra money and invest in a QT system and dip multiple times if possible.

Doesn't matter if you buy it from the most trusted hobbiest on the forum or your favorite Local Reef Store. It is just the way it is if you want long term success.

There are always room for variables. As much as I didn't want to spend the extra money on a QT tank, now that it is up and running, it was worth it if you are serious enough about this great hobby.

Good Luck to all.

BobbyV

This LED Magnify Lamp comes in hand during inspection. Or Something similar.

https://www.amazon.com/Brightech-Li...468158193&sr=8-1&keywords=led+magnifying+lamp

I think if more people as a whole take the time to prevent issues (including myself), less issues will happen.

Ultimately, take ownership of what you buy and treat accordingly.

I am going to make it a habit, that whatever I sell, we can use my lamp and inspect together before you go home. So that way there is less confusion.

Thank you for taking the time to read my rambling.

I'm in the process of moving from Buffalo to Tampa and have been lurking the forum. Saw this thread and remembered that I bought my ATB skimmer from Bobby a few years ago on the main forum. It was an awesome deal and was carefully shipped. And it's still running like a champ! Small world :)

I'm in the process of moving from Buffalo to Tampa and have been lurking the forum. Saw this thread and remembered that I bought my ATB skimmer from Bobby a few years ago on the main forum. It was an awesome deal and was carefully shipped. And it's still running like a champ! Small world :)

Wow so random - that was ages ago. Super cool post.

I actually miss that ATB Skimmer. As I got more familiar with the hobby, I learned to appreciate that skimmer more. Those titanium screws on the base of the skimmer are invaluable.

Never realized how nice those simple little screws are when it is time to clean it. As I had a few Reef Octopus afterwards. The Bubble Blaster pumps on SRO's are awesome, but the engineering of the skimmer body itself in my opinion is inferior in comparison to the model skimmer I sent you. (More difficult to clean.)

Thank you for the post - Hope to meet you in person in the near future.

Take Care -

I was also really appreciating the titanium screws and ease of cleaning as I broke it down to pack the components from my system that I planned to keep for my new setup. It'll be sitting under a Red Sea reefer in the next couple of months :)

Thanks again Robert for your generous frags sizes, price and, hospitality. For everyone's info BobbyV's system seems to be clean and clear. I am doing a vigorous dipping schedule and look forward to more great frags. I do that with everyone though even Emmett's.

Bobby sold me some par bulbs a few years back that were completely awesome. I sold them but still talk to the guy who I sold them to and his tank looks awesome under them.

I want to give a big thanks to bobbyv. I met him today and seen his amazing setup. He is very knowledgeable about the hobby. I bought a few frags very healthy and pest free. It was a pleasure meeting him. Thanks bobbyv

Thank you Robert for a great deal on very nice coral. I'd like to buy some more frags when they're ready. The new system looked clean and the qt system is quite nice, though I didn't get to see it running.

Bobby V,
Thank you for your generosity on the frags and the knowledge you shared with me today! Your setup is amazing!
Love the fact that you go the extra mile to have a Pest free system!
I will be back for more frags in the future!
It was nice meeting you, Thanks again

This LED Magnify Lamp comes in hand during inspection. Or Something similar.

https://www.amazon.com/Brightech-Li...468158193&sr=8-1&keywords=led+magnifying+lamp

I think if more people as a whole take the time to prevent issues (including myself), less issues will happen.

Ultimately, take ownership of what you buy and treat accordingly.

I am going to make it a habit, that whatever I sell, we can use my lamp and inspect together before you go home. So that way there is less confusion

The one I use attaches to my computer and magnify 700x also lets you take pic and video. Not very expensive. I highly recommend it. Been using it for a few years now

Seeing as I was the one who really called out Rob by name, I wanted to make a post as well.

I stopped by today to check out his systems, picked up a ReefBrite, a few frags and chatted for a good hour. It was nice to see all that has been done to get rid of the pests.

I look forward to trading a few corals in the future. Asd Millie coming your way shortly.

Nice meeting you and will catch up soon for sure.

I agree he has put a lot of work in to fixing it. Robert has some sweet pieces and one of the nicest orange passion I have seen. Keep up the good work, there are always areas to improve. Those that get lazy tend to have problems.

Hey just need to add my 2 cents in here. Bobby was able to make some time for me to stop by yesterday. Nice guy and really cool setup. He was knowledgeable and wanted to make sure that i was aware of everything. He brought up his old issue with pests, explained how he treated his corals and is now pest free. We examined all the frags i purchased and he made sure i was happy. he has some really cool pieces at great prices. Hoping to make another trip out there in the near future. Thanks man.

Just came back from BobbyV.....all i can say is WOW , I am glad that i grabbed that bubblegum monster, what can i say , the man buys quality stuff and then generously hand it across to the rest of us at a significant bargain, don't know why, don't really care all I have to say is THANKS!!!.....went for a chalice left with and awesome collection of zoas that would have taken me months to put together myself all at a really really good price :) And yes I have to concur with the above posters his quarantine system is sick....ok bad choice of words there, but yeah the effort that went into that system is more that I put into my display tank lol...I was truly impressed....Thanks again man it was nice to meet you.

Hey I finally was able to go see BobbyV, picked up some goodies at a amazing price thanks to his true generosity and he definitely has a love for his hobby and its members !! It was a bit of a drive but well worth it! I will definitely be looking forward to visiting in the future as his collection grows so will mine ;) thanks again Bobby!

I just got in from being out of town with a family emergency.
Wanted to comment on bobbyv...
Well I'm not so happy with my deal with him.
To me he's not a person of his word.
We made a deal on 2 next reef frag tanks...he asked for a 100.00 deposit.
I put up a 150.00 dollar deposit. And made arrangements to pay rest of money in 2wks when I got paid since my paycheck was taken my the bills.
Later he texts me that hes giving one frag tank to his bro for his bday. he did ask if I still wanted the single frag tank or my money back. I decided to be a woman of my word and said I'd still take the single frag tank.
I still kept my word stayed in contact and took the other tank when I was alittle ticked off. I mean to me you dont make a deal and go back on it. I understand family but when you give your word and make a deal and take money on the deal. To me thats kinda crappy. I would have told my family sorry I made a deal and took this persons money. but now if they back out or something changes its yours. I was raised if you give your word you keep it. And if you take someones money you honor that deal.
But hey atleast I can say I'm the better person cause I kept my word even after he went back on our deal. Probably would have bought the chiller he had but won't buy from someone that cant keep their word.

Feeling kinda bad in writing this but hey if the truth hurts take some asprin and dont make deals your not gonna keep. Now to clean what I was told was clean and ready for me to pick up and move on lesson learned.

Back