Shout out to The Coral Reef in Stratford!!!!

frankyrivera

FUP&A Member
So my daughter is in 4th grade and this year her teacher will be teaching them about marine biology and the ecosystem and the importance of aqua culturing and preserving the reefs. So my daughter tells her teacher that her dad (Me) has a salt water reef tank and he immediately asked my daughter to tell me to call him to pick my brain. And in a long conversation we discussed everything from set up to presentations to a small write up for the kids. Only problem is he had nothing but an idea and that's where THE CORAL REEF IN STRATFORD CAME IN. in my travels throughout the many lfs I frequent across the whole state I saw a nice all in one tank by innovative marine that was the perfect size for his classroom. Not too big not too small and once I told Donna and John my plan for the tank they were so excited to be able to help. They donated the tank for my daughters classroom threw in filter media and said when the tank cycles to come back for a clean up crew and some fun critters for the kids. How many lfs do you know about that extend that kind of service in this day in age. I want to personally thank both Donna and John for their generosity and share this great story about THE CORAL REEF. while ordering online may be cheaper nothing beats having a brick and mortar shop lets show our support to our local fish stores and keep them around for our needs. I don't know about you guys but there's nothing better than seeing buying and taking home on the same day rather than waiting by the mail for livestock that rarely matches the photo you looked at. Lol. Can't wait to see the kids faces

Very awesome Franky...that's just an awesome display of generosity.

Glad that we still have mom and pop shops like this!!!

Wow! That's really generous and awesome of them! What school do your kids go to Franky? My son just started Kindergarten in Wethersfield and I'm wondering if the kids learn anything about marine biology in his school. If not, I may have to make a suggestion that they do. I'm sure we have a spare tank around here that we could donate and set up if they agreed.

DUDES...look at what I just bought there yesterday!!! I think I like this plate..you know, as more than just a friend!! Lol!! Her official name is Scream Cheese!! My daughter said it looked like that character from Hotel Transylvania.

That's really awesome. That's the kind of stuff that makes me love this store. That's why I try to give them a shout out anywhere I can. I only wish I found them before my tank was so full.

Back