show me your CUBE!!!

My apologies. I hadnt seen that you quoted d2mini in your post.
What LED's are you using on your tank? How do you like them?

Nick

My apologies. I hadnt seen that you quoted d2mini in your post.
What LED's are you using on your tank? How do you like them?

Nick

No problem!! I'm using LED units from a company called BoostLED. They have excellent customer service, and I love the fixtures. Several friends who have DIY fixtures have said they like the color given off by my fixtures, it's a nice 14k temp...

Happy so far and been running LED with this tank since March..

The Radions are great so far. But right now they are just on or off while running preproduction firmware. Waiting patiently for an update from Ecotech to give me all the cool functionality.

Glad to hear you guys are happy with your LED's. I've been paying attention to LED lighting systems, but I'm still using MH's currently. Oddly enough I run Phoenix 14k bulbs on an HQI ballast, so I'm getting about the same colors you guys are...was just wondering how you liked them so far.

Nick

I like my LED's so far I guess. Been running them for around 6 months now and it seems like my colors are muted now more then before. I keep wondering if the color spectrum of LED's just isn't there yet.

Just started this one. I will show more pics when it is set up.

Attachments

• Fishtank 10:15:2011.jpg
    Fishtank 10:15:2011.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
great thread. I'm switching from. 180 long acrylic to this 93g cube. I have everything ready to go, including the 100gal Rubbermaid stock tank in the background.
b6ed875c.jpg

Just finished the first week cycling the same tank. I love the dimensions. Here is mine.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318902545.596567.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318902557.028463.jpg

Sorry water was cloudy at the time of the picture.
I'll be using a Vertex illumina 260 12" for lighting, just waiting for a hanging kit.
Once I get the light up I'll take some better pictures.

BTW I used a 20H for a Sump and with the sand and rock I have a total capacity of 80 gallons. The tank is really 28.5 x 28.5 x 24h.

Last edited:
how are you guys achieving flow in the larger rimless cubes. maybe 36x36 or 48x48. the flow at the other end away from the wall
corey

Back