show me your CUBE!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10059651#post10059651 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Toshas79
xtm- how you set up your cal and alk dosing? I know you useing dosing pump but what's conf. for me: you mix whater with kalk (like 1 tsp per gal?) and you keep this mix in container and then the dosing pump uses it to top off ? And when kalk is mixed it stays on top, how you manage to get even doses of kalk? Sorry for stupid questions I just not familiar with this method, I used 2 part solution, now I want to do the right way.

I use B-Ionic 2-part in addition to the Kalk drip. I dose B-Ionic manually everyday but the Kalk and RO topoff are automated. basically, I have a 3 gal bucket of Kalk solution behind the tank stand and it is being sipped by the dosing pump. The topoff RO supply is tapped directly from a reservoir back in the garage.

I grab the 3 gal bucket, put 3 teaspoon Kalk + 2 tsp vinegar then I add RO water while mixing vigorously. I put the bucket lid, insert the airline tube and the doser starts sipping kalk. I keep this solution saturated by putting a small powerhead inside the kalk bucket with a timer that mixes it once a day for 5 mins. The bucket-O-kalk lasts me about 1 week at 10 drops every 5 mins.

It will take some time, maybe a week to fine tune the doser but once you get it tuned, everything will fly. I get enormous SPS growth with this setting. The doser will keep your salinity/Alk/Ca constant so I consider it a necessity.

hope that helps :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10061651#post10061651 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Toshas79
Kalied 20 from where you buying you 50g cube?

I got a 50 gallon Starfire glass tank already. I was going to use it for something. I just don't know what yet. It is not quite a cube though. 30''x18''x24'' is my guess at the dimensions.

I want a 100+ cube sometime. I just don't have the space right now. My step son in in the bonus room and my brother is moving from texas for about three months.

I have been looking at Glass Cages. They are close to me here in TN. And they will build whatever you ask for.

Yes glass cages they have good prices, I ordered cube from my fish store here in Pasadena CA, he asked to much compared to glass cages

it's an ASM G2. It's a good voracious skimmer that pulls tons of gunk in a short period of time. the only thing I hate about it is the Sedra 3500 is a bit noisy..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10070312#post10070312 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kalied20
I got a 50 gallon Starfire glass tank already. I was going to use it for something. I just don't know what yet. It is not quite a cube though. 30''x18''x24'' is my guess at the dimensions.

I bought the same a couple weeks ago. I really like the dimensions for an off the shelf tank.

I've always had a soft spot for cubes.
I want one...maybe one day.
All your tanks ROCK!!! :)

I get my 24x24x24 cube delivered next week.
(tuesday I think) and I am pretty damn excited, most of my bonus has gone on my wedding (so, I am in the goood books) and I have this little left over for my new system.

Here are the specs and I will post pics asap.
aga 2foot cube with a 20x20x18 sump and corner overflow.
A black panelled stand and hood.

ehiem compact 5000+ return pump
2x 6025 tunze nanomods
1x seio 820 (maybe in the rocks)

400 watt 20000k mh bulb, ballast and reflector.
(possibly some pc actinic or moonlights)
24watt pc fuge light 7100k
Macroaqua skimmer
haliea chiller and pump
filter sock
3 inch aragonite sand main display
4 inch in the fuge with grape caulerpa
Live rock
1 h.mag anemone 4-6 juvenile percula nem fish

OR

LR sloping wall with sveral rbtas and a pair maroons or tomato clowns.

OR

H. crispa and a pair of tricinctus/chysopterus clowns.

No coral you can see where my interests lie.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10132646#post10132646 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Toshas79
xtm- what pump do you use for return?

I have an EHEIM 1260. Have you gotten your cube set up yet? Post some pics!!

Igot my cube, stand and skimmer all rest stuff i'll get this week end and I'll start to set it up, def, show the picts

^cool, welcome to the cube club! :D

Guys, check out this FW planted cube I found somewhere.. I have a long planted tank but this setup makes me wanna move it to a cube:
http://www.aquahobby.com/tanks/e_tank0207.php

kawa1.jpg

kawa2.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10109363#post10109363 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Toshas79
Just ordered Lifereef VS 24 protein skimmer. Tank and skimmer are coming in 7days

Awesome skimmer.....I have one on my cube and love it

Back