Show me Your Fancy STANDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derick2724

In Memoriam
hey guys Let me see your fancy stands as I am in need of how to start on my stand but haven't come up with any good design yet. Thanks :)

I don't know if this is fancy or not but I'm proud of my stand (my dad made it for me)!

IMG_0729-1.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a few shots of mine.. The corner tank is a 92. The other is a 180. Sorta of fancy I guess. I built them out of Red oak. Alot nicer then stock stands. You can't really tell in the picture. But the 180 has a small shelf around the bottem of it.. I inlayed Tile that looks like slate in it. Works well to catch any trips down the side of the tank.. Also makes a nice spot to set fish food and glass scrapers lol.

256994229.jpg

256994228.jpg

I don't have a fancy stand to show you, but I'll describe one I saw here and maybe someone will reply with a link. This guy had a 'fuge under his tank right in the middle and it was aquascaped & had varieties of macro for color. He had a glass door in the middle that illuminated the 'fuge and regular doors on each side. It was really beautiful!

Nice guys, I donot have apic of mine but did it myself, a AGA mission copy, $220.00 in Oak and a weekend in the shop, the hood took longer do to the lighting install.

Here is mine. Best thing about it is there is no center brace where the doors open and my sump maximizes space inside.

stand1bu6.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12189454#post12189454 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 8BALL_99
Here is a few shots of mine.. The corner tank is a 92. The other is a 180. Sorta of fancy I guess. I built them out of Red oak. Alot nicer then stock stands. You can't really tell in the picture. But the 180 has a small shelf around the bottem of it.. I inlayed Tile that looks like slate in it. Works well to catch any trips down the side of the tank.. Also makes a nice spot to set fish food and glass scrapers lol.

Mine are red oak also, what did you finish with?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12192929#post12192929 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DirtyHermit
Mine are red oak also, what did you finish with?

I just used minwax oil based stain. Color was Provincial. I also used 3 coats of Fast Drying Polyurethane. I think Semi Gloss either that or satin. I really like the look of the red oak or red Mahogany,, but I showed my wife a test peice and she said it was too red :rolleyes: The Provincial was my 2nd choice. I really do like it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back