Show me Your Fancy STANDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you use floor support jacks? We have crawl spaces under our houses here. My tank is only 170 gallons. My stand and canopy probably weighs over 200 pounds, plus live rock and sand. My mind stated wandering and all I could think about were my kids jumping around and the floor joists giving away so I went out to Lowes and bough a couple of the floor joist jacks and a 4x4 post. Just curious and probably not needed but I like to be cautious.

Weight Calculator

Weight Calculator

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15517854#post15517854 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by allgoodsystems
Do any of you use floor support jacks? We have crawl spaces under our houses here.

allgood -
Couple things:

First, I've always liked this weight Calculator.

Secondly, have you ever been to our Club meetings here in west TN, or been to our WebSite???

Here's the Local RC Link

Join us! And I agree.... If you're in doubt, Jack it! The Live Floor load of your house might not have been designed for 3/4 Ton!

223104stand.jpg

My stand,going for the asian zen look

Heres a slightly better pic...I used a standard metal stand purchased from petco, and just attached these panels...The panels are made from rice paper...in keeping with tradition.

223104stand2.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15428553#post15428553 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lastlight

Tile:
tiled2.jpg

Wow, the tile+sliding door idea is amazing! Haven't seen that before but I really like it.

lastlight; Youre right This is a TOTM it's incredible I just love it! Who's tank is this WOW:eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

Wow there are some really nice stands here and just a few more posts until the big split.

Wow! Absolutley amazing!!!

lastlight, that is one beautiful tank. That has to be a labor of love.

allgoodsystems, that is a cool looking tank. Your stand complements it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back