Show me Your Fancy STANDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Maple Kernel. Are the doors Quilted Maple? Did you use a veneer for them or did you get that great figure in solid pieces?

Das75, yours looks like maple as well. I really like the miters on the shelf corners and the molding. Very nice detail as opposed to plain 45’s.

This thread was a great idea derick. I enjoy seeing what other people come up with and how they add their own flair.

heres mine to match our log home
my150barebottom.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Seeing all these beautiful set-ups makes me jealous... you don't realize how ugly a black stand and canopy really are until you see something spectacular...

my stand

my stand

Here is the best pic of the stand I have right now. Got alot more but the tank is more done and cant see the stand as much.

5309contruction_008.JPG

My 180 Stand & Canopy

My 180 Stand & Canopy

Here is my stand and canopy. Both are made from Cherry and Birds Eye Maple (made em' myself) with euro style hardware so I can pop the doors right off for easier maintenance.

76540IMG_1864-copy.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12195810#post12195810 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Esquare
Nice Maple Kernel. Are the doors Quilted Maple? Did you use a veneer for them or did you get that great figure in solid pieces?

Yep, bookmatched quilted maple veneer over birch ply with mahogany detail. Trim is curl maple.

Oh yeah, did not build this myself. Got a local master carpenter.

This one I did for my sister
DSCF3627.jpg~original

DSCF3634.jpg~original

Mine is currently in the works Its pretty sweet at least in my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
The doors are birds eye maple and they are solid. No veneer here. Stand looks just as good on the inside as it does on the outside. For the finish I used arm-r-seal from general finishes and no stain. I wanted to see the natural beauty of the wood and to let the cherry darken with age. The arm-r-seal is an oil/urethane mix.

Is it some imported cherry like brazilian? The color and the grain look differnt. It is nice though I like the multi wood and contrasting grains look. You have done a good job

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12198906#post12198906 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DMBillies
Seeing all these beautiful set-ups makes me jealous... you don't realize how ugly a black stand and canopy really are until you see something spectacular...

DSC_0001-1.jpg~original

:lol:

Last edited:
Ok... so I meant mass produced, primarily wood slat constructed stand... like I have. Wasn't trying to cut on anybody, but some of these are incredible.

Actually, one of the most awesome freestanding aquarium stands I've ever seen was black glass and silver framing... very sleek.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12201962#post12201962 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DMBillies
Ok... so I meant mass produced, primarily wood slat constructed stand... like I have. Wasn't trying to cut on anybody,

I was just kidding Brian. Mine hade to be DIY because of the size of my sump and skimmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back