Show off your picos!

Here is mine when I set it up about 2 weeks ago. It is one of the 3G JBJ Picotopes. I have a 24W PC light on the way that should be here tomorrow. The rock came from my existing 75 at home. I also added a 25W heater and a Powersweep powerhead for some more circulation.

The cleanup crew was added yesterday.
2 Blue Leg Hermits
2 Astrea Snails
1 Nassarius Snail

They are doing a good job of cleaning up the diatoms that have started to take over.

P1000065_Medium_.JPG

Eh, 5.5 can be a pico I think. I don't know where the cut off is. Do you think it would be possible to keep a shrimp/goby combo in a 2.5 pico?

I love that 2.5. It looks really nice. I think you're firefish will be fine. IMO it's one of the fish better suited for picos.

My 5.5g that sits on my nightstand. Home to corals, a neon goby, and a yellow headed jawfish..
DSC04163.jpg

DSC04162.jpg

c3b19ff3.jpg

02463500.jpg

Everything has grown in a bit since then, this is about 3 months ago. I removed the xenia cus it was growing way to fast. and i moved some stuff around.

Ncice looking tank but a fire fish needs at least 10 gallons not 2.5 gallon.=s.

Actually he spelled out a little sign in the sand that read:

"Thanks for keeping me in a decent tank and keeping me healthy for all this time unlike some people who would have killed me in a matter of hours"

True story.

A jawfish in a 2.5 though with another fish and no DSB is too much.The firefish is pushing it but jawfish need like a 20? no?

Taikimoto: I'd love to see the plumbing/sump on your tank?A pic would help me a lot.

I'm really liking these picos.

IMO, the rules for keeping fish in picos changes.... so what ever you can get to live in one seems fine to me (within reason).

Here ya go. I took the back glass out and replaced it with a piece of acrylic that was alot easier to drill. I made the overflow also out of 3 pieces of acrylic and used a cheap dremel for the holes. 3 chamber fuge, heater in the middle area, some cheap pond pump for a return and the plumbing is from lowes.

fugetop70906.JPG

leftside70906.JPG

leftsidefuge70906.JPG

newoverflow.JPG

rightsidefuge70906.JPG

top70906.JPG

Back