Show Off Your Tank!

welsher7

Since we seem to have a little activity here lets all show what we are working with.

My setup is a 125g display with a 40g sump and 15g refugium.

Equipment:
3 Tunzes, 2 x6101 and a 6000 for flow
mag 9.5 for return
H&S A150 f2001 skimmer

Stock list:
30+" Zebra eel
Flame angelfish
Blue Hippo tang
Melarnus wrasse

Here are couple pics
Equipment Shot

FTS

Pictures 5,6,7 are of my 30B frag tank which is in my laundry room right behind my main tank. My 75 is in my basement wall.

We should get this local group together ....maybe a cookout or something ;lol

I agree.

foxhuntr,
I think you might have bought a couple fish off of me, a large yellow tang and maybe a sailfin, when I took my 125g down a couple years ago. I used to live in Hubbard. The tank had a large russells lionfish, zebra eel, H. tusk...

P.S.
Post some pics of the new tank. It has to look better than my tank...

That was a great looking tank Fox. A few of us go to Slipperyrockcorals you can't beat their salt prices. My buddy and I went to Aquatic Tech and Aquatica on Tuesday, both great places. A little bit more on the pricey side though. I'm still not sold on the LEDs yet or maybe I'm just stuck on T5s. Once the LEDs come down in price I may consider them. I'm always up for a cook out!!!

I have recently found out about Slippery Rock, do they have a decent selection? and Prices are good?

Yes they have a good selection and prices. Best prices o salt running at $29.99 for Instant Ocean and $39.99 for reef crystals. 200gal boxes. Well worth the drive to check them out.

sorry forgot to check here...yes, welsher, we did. Still have the yellow tang but the sailfin died this past fall. My wife was heartsick. Finagin (my wife names the fish...geez) ate out of her fingertips.
Like Rob at Slippery Rock Corals....he has a lot of my corals out of the previous tanks. He has sold a lot of them too....colony of redhornets, many chalices the size of a 5 gallon bucket bottom...etc.
As far as the cookout, let me know what everyone thinks...summer is feeling like its ending a month early....Ill get some pics up of the new tank soon. I still have some equipment up for sale. LEDs, an awesome skimmer(keep it but wasn't big enough for the new setup), overflow....some aqualifters....
Thanks TheKingy...hope the new tank will look even more awesome. No softies this time....except for the Zoas for my wife.(Have to please her too and she is into the hobby...how do you think I got all those darn mushrooms in that last tank....her talking about texture and color. Youd think she was painting a room...lol) Scott

My wife is slowly but surely getting more and more into the hobby. She says she wants this and that and the Corals that "Sway". My response was so does this mean I an go buy new corals? lol

I'm going to make a trip to Slippery Rock Corals tomorrow I think. Hopefully find a new Zoanthid.

They had lots of zoanthids last time I was there. I bout 5 nice zoanthids rocks 4 of them are doing great the other did not make it.

It is called Slippery Rock Corals, 45 minutes or so from Youngstown. They have limited hours but I hear nothing but great reviews. If you Google it by name they have a site with directions.

Finally made it today. Picked up 3 nice Zoa frags. Very nice coral selection, Rob was super helpful. I will post pics as soon as I get some.

Back