Show us your Sweetest Soft Corals!

Don't know how this works exactly. I'm new, But I have a rose anenome that I've had for 6 years and it's turning brown, shriveling up and does have pink tips but that's about it. I've been doing frequent, small water changes but he doesn't seem to get better. How long do these type of soft corals live and is there anything I can do to help him? Thanks.

Don't know how this works exactly. I'm new, But I have a rose anenome that I've had for 6 years and it's turning brown, shriveling up and does have pink tips but that's about it. I've been doing frequent, small water changes but he doesn't seem to get better. How long do these type of soft corals live and is there anything I can do to help him? Thanks.

Welcome to Reef Central! Post this in the Anemone Forum. There's lots of knowledgeable folks over there to help you.

Any recommended online vendors for softies? Most of the LFS seem to carry more LPS and Zoas round here.

Live Aquaria's Diver's Den is good for finding rarer softies like stereonephthya, true metallic blue cespitularia, and other harder-to-find color morphs of leathers. A few vendors like Unique Corals, Your Reef & Cultivated Reef have nepthea.

Live Aquaria's Diver's Den is good for finding rarer softies like stereonephthya, true metallic blue cespitularia, and other harder-to-find color morphs of leathers. A few vendors like Unique Corals, Your Reef & Cultivated Reef have nepthea.

Thanks for the tip on nepthea. Every nepthea I'd seen for sale before was a mislabeled sinularia etc.

This is my Indonesian Elegance coral which was about the size of a baseball when I got it with 1" tentacles. It now has 6"+ tentacles and is the size of a grapefruit. Absolutely in love with my Elegance.

IMG_20170317_173559762_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170317_173656583.jpg

Ended up finding some nice pieces on LA, blueish-purple Litophyton and Green Nepthea will get some pics when they get acclimated good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ended up finding some nice pieces on LA, blueish-purple Litophyton and Green Nepthea will get some pics when they get acclimated good.

Ooo nice score with the litophyton...was that from the Diver's Den?

Finally got some "decent" iPhone photos of the softies. LEDs and camera phones mix like water and electricity.

b6f90f4fae4e175685bd0dc0aa848201.jpg

13a4b13e00c834b56c11842dbaa8b5c1.jpg

8f14344e678dbbede9dec0b62bd79e2f.jpg

9d8f4c9d32093174bb203b14ded4e34a.jpg

aec6128713bd93206abd1446e386ae9c.jpg

what kind of corals are those, I can't really tell

Me I guess?
1. Mushroom finger leather- sinularia sp.
2. Colt Coral- klyxum sp.,
3. Devils Hand- Lobophytum
4. Yellowish green spaghetti leather- Sinularia flexibilis
5. Green Nepthea with photobombing blenny

Back