Show Your Tank!

I Heard out there in new Mexico coral and fish can't be imported so its slim pickins huh

I guess they are "trying to figure this one out". So don't know what is going to happen. There aren't many LFS's here and I believe the only ONE in the WHOLE state of NM is in Albuquerque (I may be wrong about this though). And well of course your local Petco. LOL!

You live in the Vail area? I moved here to LC about a 1.5 year ago from SW Tucson by Ryan's Airfield if you are familiar w/the area. This little town has grown on me especially the traffic!!!!! There is NONE!!!! But the local police officers either don't like me or do, I have already gotten 5 TRAFFIC tickets for speeding!!!!! Oh well, that's what happens when you come from a big city, Tucson, and were raised in an EVEN bigger one, Phoenix. You tend to drive a "little" faster then the locals here.

I don't think we have slim pickings for coral and fish with 4 fish stores in El Paso with great selection and the ability to order what we need, one of them is only like 30 miles from Las Cruces so its very acessible.

I think the whole can not import thing is phoney. There is a fish store in operation in ABQ., and plenty of people locally that have things shipped in all the time. I was at Petco today and they had livestock as well and the mysterious sign that was posted a couple weeks I did not see anywhere. Still not sure what that was about.

Anyways, welcome to the STARS board and there are plenty of resources/ people/ information here for whatever you may need.

Enjoy.....

killafornia, very nice looking set up you have, thank you for sharing it with us here.
golflinks and kolb, isn't the zoo some place close to there? What is it called Robert Reed zoo?

Ya its down the road from me and I have been to Deming bro that place is Hood as ****!!! Thanks I have put a lot of time and cash in this bad boy. If you guys come to Tucson let me no.

Wife's Mothers Day gift "œAlli" interacting with the fish (FW) this morning. :) They like to tease her!!!

Alli.jpg

Jay

I don't think we have slim pickings for coral and fish with 4 fish stores in El Paso with great selection and the ability to order what we need, one of them is only like 30 miles from Las Cruces so its very acessible.

I think the whole can not import thing is phoney. There is a fish store in operation in ABQ., and plenty of people locally that have things shipped in all the time. I was at Petco today and they had livestock as well and the mysterious sign that was posted a couple weeks I did not see anywhere. Still not sure what that was about.

Anyways, welcome to the STARS board and there are plenty of resources/ people/ information here for whatever you may need.

Enjoy.....
Jay: :thumbsup:

Killafornia: Grew up in Phx and graduated there: Tolleson HS. Left Phx to Tucson shortly after graduation. We left so my wife could attend the UofA and we stayed in Tucson for about 13 years. It was good to us as is LC. Bunch of really nice people I have met in this town. I would not mind staying here and retiring; the weather here is awesome. However, there are slim pickings of golf courses here. Oh well, can't have it all. As stated earlier, nice set up on the tank and welcome to STARS.

Deehz, a fellow golfer? A couple of our members are golfers. You are right, not a lot of golf courses in the area though. If you interested sometime we can go play Picacho Hills, its easily the best course in our area but can only get on if you are a member of the club. Sonoma Ranch is not to bad either but can be in rough shape sometimes. It would be fun to get a few of the members together to go play in some surrounding areas like silver city or even to El Paso.

Jay thats a great picture, who is taunting who though? Likes like the fish are as equally as curious as your cat. Nice shot..

well since im sorta new, i want to say hello to everyone from STARS, here is my current build in progress.
006.jpg

my plans as you can see is a very minimalist approach, only sps corals. and i want for them to have room to grow freely, and also have plenty of fish where you can pretty much see them 24/7. with this being a HOB approach im getting the following

my octopus lx2000 skimmer will arive on tuesday, and im ordering a cpr refugium, 9w uv, and a vortech mp40 all next week.

the lighting is still up in the air, with me leaning towards the new icecap 48" 2x250 halides, 2 t5's, and 2 led tubes that come with it. i know the reviews have been mixed but it is brand new, and im praying a couple of the issues have been resolved by now.

just want a clean look, not over stocked with corals growing on top of each other, im barely in my head trying to figure out what fish im going with. should be pretty sweet tank i think. any suggestions are more than welcome.

can i move my tank build thread over here, if not check it out guys at the sps section, 90 gallon build el paso. Just ordered icecap illuminations new MH t5 led combo light !!! new vortech mp40, cpr refugium, and uv sterilizer, thanks dennis for all your help. cant freaking wait. haha

Back