Simu LED Spot Mounting

zhangg3

Thinking about getting a moonlight and came across Simu LED Spot light that supposedly can do sunrise/sunset/moon. But I can't much information on how the unit is mount or any pictures online.

Does anyone use this product? How do you mount it? Does it come with all the mounting hardware?

I suppose this is not a popular product?

It's VERY popular with people who are running the GHL PRofiLux controllers. If you have one I don't see anyone running one without these units as they ROCK! Sunrise, Sunset, Moon phases (VERY accurate) and Lightning all in one sweet unit!
If you haven't already purchased be sure to get the
"ProfiLuxSimu" part #PL-0355

This one does all simulations:
dimmable LED-light, sunrise + moon + thunderstorm, spot, for the connection to ProfiLux

As for "HOW" this mounts it has an aluminum (I think it's alum) anglae plate that you literally just use screws to attach to any flat surface. I've used it on wood and on metal. Gareth did a great install thread over at:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1842220

Go there and you should be able to find some pics of how it's mounted inside his canopy.

I have a rimless tank so now sure how it works. But thanks for the link! I will check progressivereef.

The unit comes with a clamp so will install to rimless

As said above, very popular product due to size and ease of installation.

Ok, now that I have finally received the Simu Spot, I have some questions regarding setup.

First off, currently I have 3 Tunze pumps. Two shares L1L2 using a spliter. The other uses L3L4. Since the Simu needs a L port, I unplugged the Tunze cable from L3L4 and plugged that into another splitter that went into the splitter from L1L2. So now L1L2 is driving 3 Tunze pumps. I am now confused on how to set my three pumps with L1L2.

Now with the Simu plugged into L3L4, can I just assign Illum 1 and Illum 2 to L3 and L4 and then configure the two lights in Simu?

You can run 3 or more pumps off of L1L2 for instance two off L1 and 1 off L2 but the two on L1 will act together so there is no set up change required.

Remember Tunze 1 cable must be used for L1 L3 etc L ports. and Tunze 2 for L2 L4 etc ports. Make sure you run 2 x Tunze matching cables for the two pumps on the same port, otherwise it wont work correctly.

A simu just plugs into a dual L port such as L3L4 it uses both channels you cant add any other device to that port other than another simu using a spillter.

Now some follow up questions:

1. When I run the three pumps off of L1L2, do I select 2 pumps or 3 pumps in the EXtra -> Pumps screen? I am assuming two but just want to confirm.

2. When configuring the Simu in L3L4, can I use Illum1 and Illum2 or does it have to be Illum 3/4?

3. If I want to run my Tunze pumps on different L ports, I think I need to install an additional PLM-4L card. Are there any US retailers that carries GHL products? Shipping from CA just gets so painfully slow and expensive.

Thanks!

1. yes
2. you can use any illum you like just make sure you match it to the channel in the 1-10V interface
3.Shipping should not be expensive as long as you do not select UPS from the drop down box, UPS is the default. We are working on new retailers in the USA but sadly most can not afford to invest in held stock so ask us to ship on an order by order basis, sign of the times sadly.

Talk to David at Vivid aquariums he is looking into expanding his range of ProfiLux he just needs a user base that will support his investment.

Back