Sixline wrasse

heartbreak7

How do you catch one out of your reef? He is two years old and getting pretty aggressive. This is in a 90 gallon sps reef, so the more gentle the better.

Thanks

Mine jumped out....uncover your tank:confused:

What other fish do you have? Mine was actually being picked on by my Arc eye Hawkfish and my Flame Angel [they are in my 75 reef]....The more aggresive fish seemed to keep him in line, until he went carpet surfing;)
There is really no easy way to catch a fish like this, they are extremely quick. I know when I switched tanks I had a heck of a time with my Iridis Wrasse and my Candy Hogfish...and my tank was empty with only a a few inches of water..

Hopefully someone has some better tips so you won't have to totally dismantle your tank

Thanks for the responses. He just recently got very aggressive to just about every fish imaginable, this sixline has gotten very large, probably full grown at about 3" over 2 years.

I wish the thing would just jump out, but if anything he would make other fish jump...I have already uncovered the tank just in case:cool:

I spent about 2 hours net in hand trying to chase mine down. Then when I couldn't figure out where he had gone and was searching the cracks, I looked down at the net that I just happened to be holding in the water, and he just swam into it! I pulled him up and the deed was done!

I had to get mine out as well. I tried netting him during feeding, leaving the net in the tank so it would get used to it, etc. I finally gathered a bunch of totes together drained the tank water into them, removed 90% of the rock and water, and then it was quite easy to grab him.

Good Luck!

I really wish it would just jump out, or at least end up in the overflow, but I don't think I'm that lucky. There has to be some way to get this thing out without a complete tank breakdown!

drain the tank until only about 20 percent of the water is left,and the sps will be fine,and when you already catch the fish return the water again,it's just like they've gone thru a low tide,and would use their natural slime,but it's still risky though

Back