skimmer depth

dieseldaisy

is there any requirements for skimmer installation? does the skimmer have to be in a certain depth of the sump? I have a 20 long sump that I put a asm1gx skimmer in. I just dropped it in! will this affect the performance?

easier said then done! there no website! all seas marine asm1gx didn't even have instructions other then it saying to adjust the tube up all the way and bring it down to lower the height

Can you load a picture of it as it is now. A lot of us used to run ASMs. Great skimmers. We could probably get you close.

Download photobucket ap. take pic. Upload it to photobucket album. Click on pick. Go to little "i" icon and copy bottom address, the form, paste here. Pic will appear. Should take you less than a minute once you learn how.

Overall I'd say maybe 8-10" depth would be good.

dff7af64.jpg

I'd raise it ,so only about 1/3 of the skimmer( rrom the bse to the bottom of the skimmer cup ) was immersed in the water. The bubbles climb from the water line so having it too deep or too shallow does effect performance. I run my asm4s immersed at 10 inches .They are 26 inches high from the base to the bottom of the skimmer cup. You can make a stand for it; plexigalss with pvc legs secured with zip ties works nicely.

Back