Skimmer Effluent?

I would say yes if it indeed turns out to be rusted. Rotating, grinding and pumping it out in one fell swoop.
So I removed the GKM and pulled the pump impeller out. Clean as a whistle, no rust whatsoever.

I had added some carbon inside a mesh filter sock in the first chamber of my Waterbox sump and over the course of about 4 days the yellowish/orange haze had pretty much disappeared.

However, it has slowly come right back and the water is now tinged yellow/orange haze. Is that any clue as to what it might be?

I'm completely stumped. The only electronics left are the NERO5 pump in the main display and the BRS Titanium heater and Sicce SDC 7.0 return pump. That's it.

Any clue what I'm fighting or if one of my other components might still be the cause?

If carbon removed it then perhaps tannins from something. Any wood in there for some reason? I'd run more carbon either way.

If carbon removed it then perhaps tannins from something. Any wood in there for some reason? I'd run more carbon either way.
I added some BRS ROX .8 carbon last night. No change as of this morning..

Also forgot to add that I have a Bubble Magus curve protein skimmer running in the sump

Last edited:
I added some carbon in a mesh bag in one of the filter sock compartments as I don't own a reactor. Yes tank is 1.5 years old but don't run much white spectrum in the lights and have been using Dr Tim's which helps keep the sand/rocks pretty clean
Not a good idea as the carbon will be grinding against itself and making a powder. You don't want carbon to tumble.

Back